• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Infosys confident in UK market after Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    My client is on stage 3 of this merry go round
    It gets worse!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Plan B idea then...start up your own outsourcing company only using people who are British and live in Britain and will be working in Britain. What's not to like?
      Margins

Comment

Giving a training course to Infosys this week, should be fun as I've never done a remote one ever (via Teams)
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Giving a training course to Infosys this week, should be fun as I've never done a remote one ever (via Teams)
          Ask InfoSys to train you first?

Comment

There should be a test at the end. Failing it means no visa

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              There should be a test at the end. Failing it means no visa
              They are all in India and the USA. This is a large project being run out of the USA to move some development for a new product in the EU and away from the UK sadly...There will be none of their staff going to the UK or EU, possibly the USA but primarily in India. The end product will be run in the EU
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

They are all in India and the USA. This is a large project being run out of the USA to move some development for a new product in the EU and away from the UK sadly...There will be none of their staff going to the UK or EU, possibly the USA but primarily in India. The end product will be run in the EU
                Until they realise (or Infosys makes sure that) it's not possible to run from India and they are all on-shored

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Until they realise (or Infosys makes sure that) it's not possible to run from India and they are all on-shored
                  I can pretty much say that they won't be on-shored for this project.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    My client is on stage 3 of this merry go round
                    One of mine skipped the first two and went straight to number 3. Then Tupe'd 90% of their UK staff to them...
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      I doubt it.

It always comes down to money. And that includes backhanders and bonuses. Management in charge don't care about long term results provided by the offshore firms, because they're (management) not around long enough to suffer from the fallout.
                      +1 this
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X