• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK World Leading Education

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK World Leading Education

BTec in video gaming

E-sports: College among first to offer BTec - BBC News
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Like it or loath it, e-sports are a real thing now. If you can make a career out of it, you can study it

That said I'm unclear what they teach you... business and tech skills around the gaming itself? It's not like if you study sports at college you get taught how to take free kicks.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Like it or loath it, e-sports are a real thing now. If you can make a career out of it, you can study it

That said I'm unclear what they teach you... business and tech skills around the gaming itself? It's not like if you study sports at college you get taught how to take free kicks.
      Thumb exercises, best deodorant to hide BO, weird beard styles, best energy drinks and snacks, how to communicate in grunts
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I know a son of an acquaintance who did a degree in video gaming in Scotland and was on 125k job two years after graduating.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Thumb exercises, best deodorant to hide BO, weird beard styles, best energy drinks and snacks, how to communicate in grunts
          I doubt that!

Comment

There's a lot of money in it for the top players/teams.

Johan '''N0tail''' Sundstein: Inside the world'''s richest e-sports player'''s mansion - BBC News
            England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

They will teach stuff like business, accounting and psychology.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I doubt that!
                Me too, you could smell the games programmers from the other end of the corridor.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Thumb injury forces top gamer to retire at 25 - BBC News

Like any sport, you put your body on the line

mi fone did this on tappy tawk

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    My suggestion was to call it BA Digital Business or something like that at least. Give the poor buggers a chance when they're inevitably applying for jobs as recruiters some years from now

Comment

Working...
                    X