• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Priti Oops..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priti Oops..

Police have deleted 150,000 records and Priti's in hiding. To be fair that's the only way you last as Home Secretary ask a certain Mrs May...

Priti Patel under fire as 150,000 police records accidentally lost | Priti Patel | The Guardian

Fingerprint, DNA and arrest history records were deleted, which could allow offenders to go free because evidence from crime scenes will not be flagged on the Police National Computer (PNC).

The Home Office said it was working with police to assess the impact of the error, which reportedly occurred by accident during a weekly “weeding” session to expunge data. It said no records of criminals or dangerous persons had been deleted, and that the wiped records were those of people arrested and released when no further action was taken.

But the Times said “crucial intelligence about suspects” had vanished because of the blunder, and that Britain’s visa system had been thrown into disarray, with the processing of applications suspended for two days.

The Home Office released a statement from the policing minister, Kit Malthouse, but the shadow home secretary, Nick Thomas-Symonds, said this was not good enough and called on Patel to provide an urgent statement.

Thomas-Symonds said: “It’s not good enough for the home secretary to hide behind her junior minister on this when there has been such a major security breach on her watch.

“It’s now vital that she makes an urgent statement outlining the true scale of the issue, when ministers were informed and what the plan is to provide public reassurance. Yet again, Conservative incompetence is putting people’s safety at risk.”
    Last edited by SueEllen; 15 January 2021, 16:05.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Yeh, any error by public services is the fault of the current Tory government and the shadow Home Secretary would come up with solutions immediately. Typical Guardian drivel.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Typical Times and The Register drivel as well.

Home Office urged to explain 150,000 arrest records wiped in tech blunder | News | The Times

Dratted 'housekeeping', eh? 150k+ records deleted off UK’s Police National Computer database • The Register
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Damn spreadsheets!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Yeh, any error by public services is the fault of the current Tory government and the shadow Home Secretary would come up with solutions immediately. Typical Guardian drivel.
          I saw it early this morning on the Beeb but I just copied The Guardian article as I realised that no-one has posted about it.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Seems crazy they have no backups. That's public sector for ya. Best paid contract I ever had was on a defence project replacing a pile of stuff that had been accidentally deleted.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Yeh, any error by public services is the fault of the current Tory government
              And whose fault is that, previous Labour administration that ended in 2010?

Clearly somebody's at fault here and if Pritti can't say who (with good evidence to prove it) then it's hers as the buck stops with her and then with Honest Boris who appointed her.

Comment

I think they initialli got Diane Abbott to count the missing records. Seems to be 400,000+ ....

Comment

Police probes compromised after computer records deleted - BBC News

The deletion of the records has been blamed on a coding error.
                  OK.. Who was it...?
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

What would you have said if it had been a Labour government in power and this had happened?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X