• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small businesses win Covid insurance payouts after UK supreme court victory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I raised a complaint to a regulator about Admiral years ago as they auto-renewed all their policies but said they may not tell you.

The regulator lawyer was very helpful and got Admiral to "agree" to change all their policies so they had to send a letter or email out first.

You are a very dangerous type...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

You are a very dangerous type...
      They did something to piss me off, so I read the small print of the policy and used Google to see what I could do about it....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        They did something to piss me off, so I read the small print of the policy and used Google to see what I could do about it....
        They did piss me off too with their handling of my claim and then hiking up the renewal fee big time (so I moved)...

btw, you do realise that you must have cost them many (tens?) millions of pounds?

Comment

When I claimed (which was later paid out by the guilty party's insurance company) for my car they've asked me to show them receipt from when I bought it - 4 years ago, and I had it insured with them for 4 years, they only cared if it's mine when they had to pay out FFS!

The wall had insurace? Phew
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

btw, you do realise that you must have cost them many (tens?) millions of pounds?
            Not just them but all other insurers and brokers who thought it was a loophole they could try on any form of insurance if Admiral hadn't been taken to task.

Glad to be of service.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              The wall had insurace? Phew
              Yeah buildings....

Comment

Working...
              X