• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: National Rifle Association Files for Bankruptcy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: National Rifle Association Files for Bankruptcy

“The National Rifle Association filed for bankruptcy on Friday.

In a letter to members, Wayne LaPierre, the head of the notorious gun lobby group, wrote, “The plan aims to streamline costs and expenses, proceed with pending litigation in a coordinated and structured manner, and realize many financial and strategic advantages.”

The group will apparently relocate from the “toxic political environment of New York,” where it is now registered as a nonprofit, to Texas. It is physically headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia. For his part, LaPierre referred to the bankruptcy filing and reincorporation in the Lone Star State as a “restructuring plan.””

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nation...=home?ref=home

A bit harder to run it without influx of the Russian money as directed by the Great Russian Tsar Put1n

If it’s proper bankruptcy then name (trademarks) should be up for sale to the highest bidder to pay off creditors (and lawsuits)

Although the last paragraph kind of refutes all of that:

“You know that our opponents will try to seize upon this news and distort the truth,” LaPierre wrote Friday. “Don’t believe what you read from our enemies. The NRA is not ‘bankrupt’ or ‘going out of business.’ The NRA is not insolvent. We are as financially strong as we have been in years.”
    I go past their head office on my way into my office....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Off to Texas. Yeeeeeehaw!

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 January 2021, 11:24.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Thoughts & Prayers.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Republikan Party infighting, NRA now infighting, will the right in the USA disappear up it's own ass:

Major NRA donor to challenge gun group's bankruptcy over alleged fraud | NRA | The Guardian
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X