• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Poo Hitting the Export Fan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Poo Hitting the Export Fan

France toughens COVID-19 testing rules for non-EU travellers | Reuters

People [eg truck drivers] travelling to France from non-EU countries [ UK] will no longer be able to get into the country by presenting a negative result from a quick, readily-available COVID-19 test. Thus an extra 24hrs delay.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Then bypass France and take a slightly longer route to Belgium, Netherlands, etc. Yes it will increase costs but if they don't want anyone travelling from the UK and landing on their hallowed ground then so be it. There's much nicer countries in the EU than France. Feck em, I say.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Then bypass France and take a slightly longer route to Belgium, Netherlands, etc. Yes it will increase costs but if they don't want anyone travelling from the UK and landing on their hallowed ground then so be it. There's much nicer countries in the EU than France. Feck em, I say.
      These countries also require tests and the capacity of number of lorries per day on those routes is much smaller

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        These countries also require tests and the capacity of number of lorries per day on those routes is much smaller
        Not disputing the need for a test, just reacting to the demand for a specific type of test.

Capacity can be managed. It's called planning.

Comment

Not disputing the need for a test, just reacting to the demand for a specific type of test.

Capacity can be managed. It's called planning.
          Who controls the capacity because it's not the haulage firms - it's a combination of the ports and the ferry companies?

Dover Calais is a popular route because it's the shortest which means the same ferry can do more journeys and so provide more capacity than say Dover Amsterdam.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Isn't it obvious being an EU citizen prevents you catching Covid? It is a known prophylactic like a scotch egg.

Hopefully they will catch a nasty dose off the Dutch, Belgians or those nice people in Luxembourg.

• COVID-19 cases per 100,000 in Europe, by country | Statista
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yeh, wouldn't say France is is not a nice place but hate the <certain amphibian>s at the mo.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité.

Plus ça change, and All That Jazz!
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

The UK needs to make imports impossible. Lets make what we need in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    The UK needs to make imports impossible. Lets make what we need in the UK.
                    You need the raw materials first and many of those come from abroad, like poorly paid workers
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X