• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parler CEO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parler CEO

“ Parler CEO Goes Into Hiding Blaming Amazon Flak, Death Threats

Many Parler employees are suffering harassment and hostility, fear for their safety and that of their families, and in some cases have fled their home state to escape persecution,” Matze’s lawyer said in Parler’s lawsuit aimed at forcing Amazon Web Services to put the platform back online. Matze had to “go into hiding with his family after receiving death threats and invasive personal security breaches.” The CEO didn’t specify the source of the threats, but his lawyer said in a filing that Matze’s covert action was required because he’s been spotlighted “as the CEO of the company AWS continues to vilify.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...&sref=o1Dqf087

That wasn’t a problem for him when his users were doing it on his platform

And why threats on anybody’s life not getting same attention if President name is mentioned? It’s not fecking freedom of speech issue

What has Amazon got to do with the death threats? Did Amazon itself, it's employees or workers threaten them?

The company breached Amazon's terms of service so they need to find a new hosting service. Surely there is one in Russia, Ukraine or elsewhere that will allow them to host their site?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No Ukraine, no

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        What has Amazon got to do with the death threats? Did Amazon itself, it's employees or workers threaten them?

The company breached Amazon's terms of service so they need to find a new hosting service. Surely there is one in Russia, Ukraine or elsewhere that will allow them to host their site?
        What TOS did they violate? Not aligned with the same political viewpoint? is that part of the TOS? You have open calls for terrorism on twitter and they are still able to freely use amazon's services.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
          You have open calls for terrorism on twitter and they are still able to freely use amazon's services.
          Twitter got very harsh moderating that banned millions of Twitter accounts for feck all well before they banned Trump

Plus Twitter does not focus on terrorist types, unlike Parler did - a big mistake to try to focus on hosting for extremists

Notice that Parler not even disputing violation of ToS - just tosh about "political" decision and "anti-trust", which basically tells you that Amazon was 100% within their rights to kick them off.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
            What TOS did they violate? Not aligned with the same political viewpoint? is that part of the TOS? You have open calls for terrorism on twitter and they are still able to freely use amazon's services.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

+1 - twitter have their own data centres and AWS have stated that Twitter is not a customer
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Twitter got very harsh moderating that banned millions of Twitter accounts for feck all well before they banned Trump.
                They removed bots. Apparently you can pay to have a lot of followers - imagine that!
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  They removed bots. Apparently you can pay to have a lot of followers - imagine that!
                  Does that work on CUK too? How much do I get paid per like I give out?
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Twitter got very harsh moderating that banned millions of Twitter accounts for feck all well before they banned Trump

Plus Twitter does not focus on terrorist types, unlike Parler did - a big mistake to try to focus on hosting for extremists

Notice that Parler not even disputing violation of ToS - just tosh about "political" decision and "anti-trust", which basically tells you that Amazon was 100% within their rights to kick them off.
                    It's the selective application of the TOS that's the issue never said they didn't violate them. Twitter does violate them as well. Plenty of riots and civil unrest have been openly advocated for and planned on Twitter. Full out calls for terrorism from radical governments have been left up.

It's crazy. I'm not a conservative by the way, voted labour (i know crazy) and have voted for a left wing party every election across both countries i am eligible to vote in. I just hate this cancel culture tulip. When did liberal politics become the politics of censorship, sickens me.

Comment

Working...
                    X