• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Free webinar: Effective stress control for contractors : Mon Mar 22 7:15 PM More details here.

Post COVID changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Post COVID changes

    Dr Hannah Fry on the last leg: -

    The Last Leg | What will life be like after Covid? - YouTube

    So the roaring twenties? More concert halls? More syphallis?

    Thoughts?

    #2
    More debauchery....

    Teenagers and young adults are going to go back to acting normally
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      More debauchery....

      Teenagers and young adults are going to go back to acting normally
      So different to CUK mert ups. Which are childish...

      Comment


        #4
        I like her, I listen to this podcast she does

        BBC Radio 4 - The Curious Cases of Rutherford & Fry, Series 17, The Scientific Exploration of Astrology

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          More debauchery....

          Teenagers and young adults are going to go back to acting normally
          Aren't us older people also allowed to be debauched? Ageist....
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Aren't us older people also allowed to be debauched? Ageist....
            Debaunchery is too tiring at your age.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Debaunchery is too tiring at your age.
              Oh but it's such a good way to wear oneself out

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Aren't us older people also allowed to be debauched? Ageist....
                It's not like we need any encouragement - young people nowadays are mostly boring e.g. Vegans.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Oh but it's such a good way to wear oneself out
                  Yep. I did a solid hour of filthy pounding this morning and am now worn out...

                  ... took a detour on a trail to see where it went and ended up doing a 'tough mudder' through a few miles of what turned out to be a waterlogged bog riddled cattle track. Some saner runners sticking to the more recognised route asked if I was ok as I passed them after getting 'back to civilisation'.

                  Debauchery takes many forms, some of them not normally recognised.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    Yep. I did a solid hour of filthy pounding this morning and am now worn out...

                    ... took a detour on a trail to see where it went and ended up doing a 'tough mudder' through a few miles of what turned out to be a waterlogged bog riddled cattle track. Some saner runners sticking to the more recognised route asked if I was ok as I passed them after getting 'back to civilisation'.

                    Debauchery takes many forms, some of them not normally recognised.
                    Real debauchery is standing out on the terrace having an expresso and an unfiltered cigarette for breakfast nowadays...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X