• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: MarillionFan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: MarillionFan

"Trampoline prices 'to soar 50% on shipping costs'

Soaring shipping costs are likely to cause a bounce in the cost of trampolines in the UK this summer, according to one games retailer.

James Owen, owner of Outdoor Toys, says high transport costs and port congestion may mean larger toys such as swings, trampolines and climbing frames will be more expensive.

Trampoline prices could soar by 40-50%, he told BBC 5 Live's Wake Up to Money.

"The port congestion just keeps snowballing," he said.

"More and more issues keep arising," Mr Owen added. "We can't get space out of China, there's a container shortage."

Trampoline prices '''to soar 50% on shipping costs''' - BBC News

This will surely eat into MarillionFan's fat margins
    Last edited by AtW; 18 January 2021, 12:25.

You could weaponise MF with a trampoline, but it would need to be heavy duty, probably beyond current materials science.

Comment

I predict prices to spike then immediately crash. What goes up must come down.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

MF is too busy banning random posters in his Facebook group to update his CUK buddies on the situation...

Comment

Working...
        X