• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deaths from Covid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Boris saved Xmas and whatever horse racing event was in March 2020. that’s why deaths are higher.
    It's such a pity that he saved an ungrateful turd such as yourself.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      It's such a pity that he saved an ungrateful turd such as yourself.
      I saved myself by having a job that can be done from home, I certainly don’t owe tulip to Boris specifically, if anything he owes me bigly for his Brexit scam

Comment

I saved myself by having a job that can be done from home, I certainly don’t owe tulip to Boris specifically, if anything he owes me bigly for his Brexit scam
        Bolloks
        <only one, in your case mr ackeroff>

Comment

I note that you're not an advocate of democracy or duty.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            No one else is. Ages ago we pointed out that the only internationally comparable figure would be excess deaths and even that figure isn't available from a lot of countries.
            Correct. Get hit by a train 27 days after a positive test? COVID. Get shot in an armed robbery while I’ll? COVID. Get swept away in today’s storms while having a persistent cough? COVID. WALOB.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Correct. Get hit by a train 27 days after a positive test? COVID. Get shot in an armed robbery while I’ll? COVID. Get swept away in today’s storms while having a persistent cough? COVID. WALOB.
              All very low probability events, much lower than death from Covid

Annual road deaths were around 4k, about 2 days of current pandemic WITh a lot of mitigation in place

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                I note that you're not an advocate of democracy or duty.

I’m don’t collect stamps either, what’s your point?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Maybe you should pose this to the next briefing "Aren't the covid death figures misleading as they include covid sufferers run over and shot"? See if Matt/Boris can keep a straight face. I wonder if they keep an informal record of the dumbest question they had to answer?

This kind of nonsense is how conspiracies are made... take a tiny grain of truth and then blow it up.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Maybe you should pose this to the next briefing "Aren't the covid death figures misleading as they include covid sufferers run over and shot"? See if Matt/Boris can keep a straight face. I wonder if they keep an informal record of the dumbest question they had to answer?
                    Problem is neither Matt, Boris et al can answer a "Yes" or "No" question.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                      Hate to say it, but look at Japan. More populated, bigger average age, bigger air travel hub in Tokyo than London , similar lockdown style, but simply implemented decisively, quickly and authoritatively.

I strongly believe the difference is indecisive leadership and very very poor decisions. All the experts in containing epidemics say it isn't necessarily what action you take, more than the speed and decisiveness that you take the action with.

We've mishandled this worse than anyone - at least America and Brazil were open about not giving a damn.

The only country (I think) that has a worse death per million rate is Italy and they were hit first with no real warning. (xogotth posted same time, there are a couple, but I think the point is still relevant)

I worked, during the initial pandemic on a core Covid project with Public health services and I was apalled when it became obvious that the current leadership had no confidence or faith in them, and simply wanted to call them "unable" or "failures" and then go to the Private sector on the premise that it would do better.

It's done far, far worse than NHS Digital, or PHE, PHS or PHW would have done. Far worse.

There's another poster on here I remember reading at the time, that I think was on a similar gig to me - and they also said that NHS Digital were not even approached.

For me, it's all been about politicising everything and trying to make a statement that we could not rely on the Public Sector and simply had to use multinational private companies. (local private companies were also massively ignored, with PPE production, Offers of test and trace assistance etc, in favor of Serco et al.)
                      'Tis odd, really, you'd almost suspect some form of corruption, whereas, in reality, it's simple incompetence led from the front (when he can be arsed) by Bozo the clown.

And a good dose of real corruption thrown in for good measure, like, just to make sure.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X