• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deaths from Covid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complacent isn't quite the word I want, more misplaced optimism perhaps. We saw that across most of Europe and other places, that lockdown really seemed to be working. Just as we (meaning many countries) were at the point of (maybe) being able to contain it, restrictions were lifted perhaps only a few weeks too soon.

The heights of the peaks vary a lot but the same pattern seemed to repeat on different time-lines. For a few weeks UK actually seemed to be doing well when it was starting to pick up again in Spain and France and not here... and again we missed a chance to capitalise on knowing what was coming, by waiting until it was bad to do something about it.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      I think ( a loose term granted) that we are inflating it by counting anyone who has tested positive within the last twenty eight days. Doesn't mean that was a cause of death, especially in care homes.
      Covid: UK virus deaths top 100,000 since pandemic began - BBC News

The ONS figures are based on death certificates that mention coronavirus as being involved in the death, Gov.uk simply includes everyone who dies within 28 days of a positive test. ONS figures are about 5% higher.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X