• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you put Bitcoin in an ISA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you put Bitcoin in an ISA?

I like to put the odd smaller chunk in very high risk things now and then, I've done one or two on Seedrs and so on. On the basis that one might just blow up.

Bitcoin is the one everyone who doesn't have missed the boat on, massively. Almost certainly far too late now but then I remember thinking that at various points over the years and if I'd put even £100 in at any of those times, I could've bought a holiday or a car or a house depending which time it was.

Healthy diversification is a good thing, including diversification of risk, so I reckon a punt here and there is sensible. But I wondered if you can put any these things in an ifISA?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

FCA bans the sale of crypto-derivatives to retail consumers | FCA
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

https://twitter.com/breakingmkts/sta...90794763894785

TREASURY NOMINEE YELLEN SAYS CRYPTO CURRENCIES ARE OF A PARTICULAR CONCERN FOR TERRORIST FINANCING, MONEY LAUNDERING

What does that mean? UK, USA, EU will treat hodlers as terrorist funding criminals at some point soon...
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

TREASURY NOMINEE YELLEN SAYS CRYPTO CURRENCIES ARE OF A PARTICULAR CONCERN FOR TERRORIST FINANCING, MONEY LAUNDERING

What does that mean? UK, USA, EU will treat hodlers as terrorist funding criminals at some point soon...
        Best news of the year so far.

Comment

I just sold all my cryptocurrency. It's just currency speculation on the equivalent of Zimbabwean dollars or Nicaraguan Cordoba. I made £100 on the deal.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Our Prawny is back!

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

About 5 years too late, but better late than never

Comment

The premise of using an ISA is a bit irrelevant.
                For a start it’s so volatile that tax isn’t going to have much factor on your profit (or loss).
                And seeing as it’s an unregulated money laundering platform why the chuff would you declare it for tax anyway?
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  The premise of using an ISA is a bit irrelevant.
                  For a start it’s so volatile that tax isn’t going to have much factor on your profit (or loss).
                  And seeing as it’s an unregulated money laundering platform why the chuff would you declare it for tax anyway?
                  I don't get the first part. If you'd put a grand in BC a decade back wouldn't that be a gigantic tax bill?

mi fone did this on tappy tawk
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I don't get the first part. If you'd put a grand in BC a decade back wouldn't that be a gigantic tax bill?
                    It will only be a gigantic tax bill if you score much more gigantic profit

Comment

Working...
                    X