• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Record Breaking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record Breaking

Unfortunately a death record - https://twitter.com/PA/status/135156...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

1610 deaths in the last 24 hours from that bloody virus.

#Breaking Public Health England said a further 1,610 people had died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 – the highest number of UK deaths reported on a single day since the outbreak began
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

It's being so cheerful that keeps you, and your miserable russian chum, going, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      It's being so cheerful that keeps you, and your miserable russian chum, going, isn't it?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Unfortunately a death record - https://twitter.com/PA/status/135156...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

1610 deaths in the last 24 hours from that bloody virus.

Yep, this will be the Xmas wave, we kept to the rules but lots of the neighbours had multiple overnighters! Had to ask a guy in the co-op today to move back in the queue.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

That and the Vodka!

With Mr "Official Doom" squirrel worrying is part of it.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            Yep, this will be the Xmas wave, we kept to the rules but lots of the neighbours had multiple overnighters! Had to ask a guy in the co-op today to move back in the queue.
            Plenty of covidiots out and about. This lot must think it'll all magically avoid them:

Covid: Lacock 'Harry Potter' village busy as summertime

Maybe they're all local as Bozo is to the Olympic Park.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

We've gone a decade with people "turning a blind eye" to the obvious way that our "new Capitalism" with all it's beautiful facets like Economic externalities, Cost Benefit Analysis and the outsourcing of all work that can be done cheaper, due to reduced human, ecological or ethical rights; literally killing and injuring thousands of humans.

I never thought I'd see the day when daily deaths of 500+ people of their own fellow citizens , in the same country - could be desensitised the way that it most obviously has, by some people.

(btw, I'm a mixed economy guy, not a commie or anti capitalist).

All that said, where I live , I still think that a very clear and large majority do care and are doing everything they can to protect each other , and also are not blaming "Covidiots" but our leadership and the rather transparent way they've shown what their priorities are.

Out of all bad things, comes good. - Or so RastaMouse says anyway.

Comment

10 days ago doodard called these imaginary non-existent deaths

Comment

1820. Looks like we're seeing the spike in cases coming to its sad fruition. How many days did that huge spike continue to grow for?

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  10 days ago doodard called these imaginary non-existent deaths
                  Give it a rest.
                  Last edited by d000hg; 20 January 2021, 16:48.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X