• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vaccine passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaccine passport

Its happening... all your vaccine data are belong to us

Etihad One of First Airlines To Launch IATA Travel Pass

“COVID-19 tests and vaccinations will be key to get the world flying again...” said Mohammad Al Bulooki, Chief Operating Officer, Etihad Aviation Group. “A high priority for Etihad is for our guests to have an easy, secure and efficient way to identify and verify their information. Being one of the first airlines globally working with IATA as a pioneer partner on the IATA Travel Pass is a big step forward for Etihad’s guests and for the industry.”
    IATA Urges Adoption of Vaccine Certificates for Travelers

In an open letter to European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen, International Air Transport Association (IATA) director-general Alexandre de Juniac called on all branches of the European Union to support the idea of a common digital European Covid-19 vaccination certificate that would allow individuals to travel freely within Europe without Covid-19 testing. The proposal, advocated by Greek prime minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, would result in a “renewed freedom of movement, beginning with those who are vaccinated,” said IATA in a statement released Tuesday.

”Prime Minister Mitsotakis’s initiative should be urgently adopted by the commission and all member states,” said de Juniac. “Vaccination is a fundamental key to safely reopening borders and stimulating economic recovery. A pan-European mutually recognized vaccination certificate would be an important step towards giving governments the confidence to safely open their borders and passengers the confidence to fly without the barrier of quarantine.”
    IATA Travel Pass Initiative

That was inevitable.

I'd like to see proof that the vaccine actually works, it seems Israel's rates aren't yet going down and are running at 9.4%.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I'd like to see proof that the vaccine actually works, it seems Israel's rates aren't yet going down and are running at 9.4%.
      With new more transmissive UK strain we might need measles like rates of vaccinations

Plus first gen vaccines are not yet proven at stopping transmissions of virus to others, should be enough documented proof (to what degree it happens) by the year end tho

Comment

Single Covid vaccine dose in Israel 'less effective than we thought' | Israel | The Guardian

Let's not forget that that most reported "vaccinated" figures refer to the 1st shot

Comment

Yes, I saw that after I posted. The regime needs both doses within the time frame tested. Using country populations as guinea pigs for longer gaps between doses is getting dodgier by the day

Comment

Yep, the only value in having proof of having had a vaccine is if they stop transmission.

As there are different methods being used for certain types of vaccines it may be that only certain ones work to that degree, though hope is all do, so all those having the others would need the 'travel approved' ones to avoid the restrictions.

So it's too early to know what will happen and whether proof of having had a vaccine is worthwhile or if it's just more ill thought through nonsense that gets the less informed to think they are now free to do as they please.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

This article popped up today on my Firefox pocket homepage thingy:

Can you spread Covid-19 if you get the vaccine?

Because of all that complication, it’s unlikely that immunological research alone will reveal how well vaccines can prevent Covid-19 transmission—at least, not for years. But there’s another way to tell if a vaccine can stop a person from transmitting a virus to others: community spread.
              Frustratingly, it’s just going to take more time to see if people who got the vaccine are involved in future transmission events. That’s why it’s vital that even after receiving both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine, all individuals wear masks, practice physical distancing, and wash their hands when around those who haven’t been vaccinated—just in case.

Looks like there's a long way to go yet before any type of normality can resume.

Also, herd immunity won't be enough, they'll want everyone to have a vaccine 'to be sure', whether it's good for you or not.
              Last edited by Hobosapien; 20 January 2021, 11:57.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                Yep, the only value in having proof of having had a vaccine is if they stop transmission.
                Thats the key question. If there is no reduction in transmission then the whole vaccine passport idea is pointless. But if the vaccine significantly reduces the chances of transmission that could be enough.

All I want to know is what international travel will look like this summer and will I need a vaccine to fly? I guess it will become clear in the next few months.

Comment

Just to add that although there isn't a database as such, some countries already require you to have a certificate of vaccination for yellow fever. This isn't a new idea at all.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    With new more transmissive UK strain we might need measles like rates of vaccinations

Plus first gen vaccines are not yet proven at stopping transmissions of virus to others, should be enough documented proof (to what degree it happens) by the year end tho
                    Given that vaccines work by training antibodies to seek and destroy, giving the effect that the virus enters the patient and is killed off fairly quickly, it is almost guaranteed that transmission will be reduced by vaccinations.

If they (vaccines) stop you getting ill by killing the virus cells, then there are less virus cells to infect other people. Simples.

The fact that the epidemiological data doesn't exist yet is a different matter. And it will soon as you say.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X