• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vaccine passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't realistically require a vaccination passport until people have had the option of a vaccine. Not if the airlines want to be able to survive that is.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

.. If there is no reduction in transmission then the whole vaccine passport idea is pointless. ..
      Not really, if the vaccine almost always reduces the symptoms of a later infection to a mild dose of the sniffles.

(and if anyone declining the vaccine subsequently catches it and goes down big time, then that's their problem.)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Not really, if the vaccine almost always reduces the symptoms of a later infection to a mild dose of the sniffles.

(and if anyone declining the vaccine subsequently catches it and goes down big time, then that's their problem.)
        The vaccine is still useful, but saying you cannot visit somewhere without a vaccine is all about reducing transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Given that vaccines work by training antibodies to seek and destroy, giving the effect that the virus enters the patient and is killed off fairly quickly, it is almost guaranteed that transmission will be reduced by vaccinations.

If they (vaccines) stop you getting ill by killing the virus cells, then there are less virus cells to infect other people. Simples.

The fact that the epidemiological data doesn't exist yet is a different matter. And it will soon as you say.
          Some are saying the currently available covid vaccines aren't vaccines in the traditional sense.

I linked (somewhere on here today) to an article about whether covid vaccines will stop transmission, explaining the types of immunisation vaccines provide and it needs to be the type effective in the mouth and nose to stop transmission. If only effective internally then they may reduce severity of an infection but not stop it being transmissable.

So the problem is that despite the historical knowledge of vaccines and how they work the current new ones for covid are using a new approach so are untested in real life so it's premature to assume a certain behaviour.

We'll know for sure 'soon'.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Vaccines are a mix. Some are similar to existing ones, others are a new approach... I can't remember which are which?

Comment

Working...
            X