• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ALLEGATION: 1st dose of Pfizer vaccine not AS effective AS FIRST THOUGHT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to think that I'm as in the know about this ( as a non clinical person can be.)

And I'm now really confused, by how this story is being carried through world media.

So , set me straight please if I'm wrong - but this is misinformation?

I always thought these were facts:

1. The VIRUS that people catch is SARS-CoV-2 (the coronavirus itself)
    2. This virus can then go on to cause Covid 19 (coronavirus infection 19)
    3. The COVID-19 Test, actually tests for presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus NOT the Covid-19 infection - so it really wasn't wise to call it Covid testing, but that's what happens I suppose. (but you can't develop Covid-19 without having the SARS-CoV-2 virus, of course)

So there are 2 seperate distinctions there, between Virus and infection.

Next

3. The Vaccine protects against COVID 19

Thus, people who are vacinated can have SARS-CoV-2 and possibly carry it and infect others. But they wont develop Covid 19 from it.

If I'm right - then this story is BS, unless 67% of that test group actually developed Covid 19 infections. 67% testing positive for coronavirus does not equal 33% efficacy for protection against covid 19 infection.

CDC and WHO - "Positive viral (nucleic acid or antigen) tests for SARS-CoV-2, if performed, should not be attributed to the COVID-19 vaccine, as vaccination does not influence the results of these tests."

Right or wrong?
    Last edited by Scoobos; 20 January 2021, 17:22.

Comment

If you have the virus then you are infected.

But you might be lucky not have (severe) illness caused by the virus.

Vaccines don’t prevent infection per se - they prevent illness and maybe neutralising enough to prevent virus transmission to others, which in turn can prevent infections

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
        Its OK. Its injected. You don't have to gargle with it.
        But(t) where is it injected?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

There's enough facepalm worthy replies in this thread to lose all hope. And this is supposed to be a bunch of fairly well educated people

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
            And this is supposed to be a bunch of fairly well educated people

Comment

There's enough facepalm worthy replies in this thread to lose all hope. And this is supposed to be a bunch of fairly well educated people
              Why not educate then? Go on, throw out some ideas and we'll see whether we agree or can rip your nonsense apart

Comment

What's education?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

And this is supposed to be a bunch of fairly well educated people
                  Some are bigly intelligent.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    What's education?
                    It's what those that believe every piece of conspiracy theory have and we don't

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      What's education?
                      Apparently not

LADbible - Funny British People Struggle To Answer Simple Questions | Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X