• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it cos I is white?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it cos I is white?

Sacked curry factory worker told ‘you can’t cook, you’re not Asian’ | Metro News

A white man working for a curry-making company who told him to ‘go and work for an English firm’ said he is delighted to have won an employment case.

Colin Sorby, 31, complained that he was racially harassed by his supervisor, Azheem Akhtar, after being told he did not understand the recipes being made at the production plant because he was white.

I cracked up at that. They even tried to suggest he misunderstood the comment because of language difficulties. It was like being back in the eighties (obviously with the racism reversed).
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

goodness, gracious me!

Comment

Working...
      X