• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emotional contagion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emotional contagion

“ Teenagers can “catch” moods from their friends and negative moods appear to be more contagious than positive, a study has found.

The study by Oxford and Birmingham universities investigates “emotional contagion” among teenagers, to see the impact of individuals’ moods within a shared social network.

It found that moods become similar to those of the people they spend time with, but there is a tolerance of different moods, and grumpy teenagers are no less popular with their peers than those with a more sunny disposition.”

Teenagers can 'catch' moods from friends, study finds | Children | The Guardian

Totally explains why DOOM threads upset ladymuck

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Teenagers can “catch” moods from their friends and negative moods appear to be more contagious than positive, a study has found. ..
    Teenagers are all too willing to rebel against their parents and older generations, but most are pitifully anxious to conform with each other.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

They needed a research to come to this conclusion? I thought this type of stuff was as plain as the nose on your face. Not just teenagers either. It seems so basic I don't know where to start with examples but we all know being in miserable offices make you miserable and being around toxic people bring you down as well.

I thought this was kind of common sense and not really worth of news or research??
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

not to mention constant toxic forum posts.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: humans are affected by their surrounding environment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            BREAKING NEWS: humans are affected by their surrounding environment

that explains my posts in Brexit
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I thought this was kind of common sense and not really worth of news or research??
              Probably one of those cases where you should read the study, not the newspaper report simplifying it Labour voters.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X