• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You must be vaccinated for travel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The last thing I want is a cruise full of old fuddy duddies the same age as me.
    On the plus side they are unlikely to have screaming young kids with them...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      On the plus side they are unlikely to have screaming young kids with them...
      Grandkids?

Happened to me, went to a 'posh' hotel that we'd been to before, nice and civilised. Went next time, stupidly not checking half term dates, and the place was full of grandparents and 'screaming' kids !!! Couldn't use the spa stuff as just full of kids running in and out!!
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Surge in Saga bookings, that is great, the boomers are getting ready to party as soon as they think this crisis end date comes. Meanwhile, the tiktok generation who have lost jobs and struggling will have to spend years trying to re stabilise their lives
        Are boomers the saga generation? I thought that was their parents.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
          Some people can't currently get the vaccine due to past allergic reaction to vaccinations and the NHS can't cope with that scenario at the moment. So these people will be doing staycations so long as hotels and so forth don't start demanding a current vaccination certificate
          This should not be a reason to hold back a vaccination passport scheme and keep the entire economy on its knees because of a handful of people with an allergic reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            This should not be a reason to hold back a vaccination passport scheme and keep the entire economy on its knees because of a handful of people with an allergic reaction.
            But but but it's NOT FAIR. It's discrimination!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Not at all, a vaccination passport scheme is absolutely required but this issue was a good excuse to cancel an upcoming cruise, delayed from last year, and get our money back

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Are boomers the saga generation? I thought that was their parents.

Yup, they are now.

Most of the boomer's parents are dead.

If you were born before 1946 or after 1964 you ain't a boomer.

And looking on the the bright side, your bones don't have the strontium 90 signature that us Proper Boomers have.

Anyway, who in their right mind would want to be confined on one of those hideous disease ridden cruise monstrosities with 4000 other people?

It was bad enough with norovirus.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 January 2021, 18:12.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

As a younger person I'd rather Covid than norovirus.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    The last thing I want is a cruise full of old fuddy duddies the same age as me.
                    Ha ha, I was just thinking the same thing. Couldn't think of anything worse than being stuck on a cruise ship with a load of over 50's
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Surge in Saga bookings, that is great, the boomers are getting ready to party as soon as they think this crisis end date comes. Meanwhile, the tiktok generation who have lost jobs and struggling will have to spend years trying to re stabilise their lives
                      You'll get over it ... all you need to do first is lose the chip on your shoulder and your entitlement complex.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X