• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Polling guru Curtice warns Sturgeon on course to tear UK apart with SNP independence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Wasn't this referendum classed as a "once a generation" vote, so we're not due one until about 2040 (or 2030 if we're looking at Drumchapel and Easterhouse voters)?
    Yes for the Scots, but surely the English deserve a vote?

“Under the Barnett formula the English give each scrounging Scot £100,000 on average. Should we continue this or dissolve the Union and keep our money?”

How would you vote?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Wasn't this referendum classed as a "once a generation" vote, so we're not due one until about 2040 (or 2030 if we're looking at Drumchapel and Easterhouse voters)?
      Typical wankbag little englander attitude. Salmond used that phrase once in a TV interview. You wankers mention it every day.

Boris said 'there will be no customs checks between GB and NI' but you choose to ignore that and never repeat it.

Tell me, what exactly is it that England fears about being independent ??
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Classed by whom, Boris?

Does not matter anyway, it has no legal weight, plus a bigly change in circumstances (B...t) and Camoooron lies made 2nd ref inevitable, only question when.

All SNP needs to win it is secure EU’s agreement that Scotland will rejoin EU quickly, that will be enough.
        Sturgeon herself, at about 4m50s, in September 2013 a year before the last vote.

Scottish independence: Nicola Sturgeon on devolution vote - BBC News

Comment

I am not a Scott but I am hedging my bets and buying a base in Scotland. Many business will move to Scotland once they gain independence and will be fast tracked to EU membership. You will be free to worship the Tories and Brexit in little England.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Sturgeon herself, at about 4m50s, in September 2013 a year before the last vote.

Scottish independence: Nicola Sturgeon on devolution vote - BBC News
            And that legally precludes from having another referendum tomorrow?

I believe it was made clear that the next ref will come soon IF situation materially changes - which it did with B....t, plus what Cameroon promised Scotland to win votes turned out to be usual lies.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Tell me, what exactly is it that England fears about being independent ??
              Land border with EU...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I am not a Scott but I am hedging my bets and buying a base in Scotland. Many business will move to Scotland once they gain independence and will be fast tracked to EU membership. You will be free to worship the Tories and Brexit in little England.
                Scotland will clean up in terms of English business registrations there for EU trade purposes, they just need to make competitive (with Ireland) rate of corp tax and it’s the ball game.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
                  Yes for the Scots, but surely the English deserve a vote?

“Under the Barnett formula the English give each scrounging Scot £100,000 on average. Should we continue this or dissolve the Union and keep our money?”

How would you vote?
                  Interesting question. Based on the fact that the Tories under Cameron slashed spending, like DLA, to save the country £2.1Billion, I'm surprised that Tory leadership or at least one Tory MP isn't shouting from the rooftops to have Scotland removed from the union (by democratic means of course).

Strange that, innit. Not one !
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Her Majesty would have their heads if they did

Comment

Just loving this thread, funniest things I've read for ages.

For one thing, in what earthly universe will the EU want a small, economically unviable non-productive nation ahead of established productive countries?

And when are the Scots going to work out that wee Burnie is not interested in Scottish Independence, only in being the head of an independent country. The fact that it would then sink slowly into the North Sea is not part of the objective...

But what do I know. I'm merely a prick with no interest in the UK or history or even basic economics. Although I do like fantasy.

Hwyll mawr, Albanaidd...
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X