• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Polling guru Curtice warns Sturgeon on course to tear UK apart with SNP independence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Just loving this thread, funniest things I've read for ages.

For one thing, in what earthly universe will the EU want a small, economically unviable non-productive nation ahead of established productive countries?

And when are the Scots going to work out that wee Burnie is not interested in Scottish Independence, only in being the head of an independent country. The fact that it would then sink slowly into the North Sea is not part of the objective...

But what do I know. I'm merely a prick with no interest in the UK or history or even basic economics. Although I do like fantasy.

Hwyll mawr, Albanaidd...
    Malvolio; twat of the week..
    Cyprus population 1.5 million
    Luxemburg 600,000
    Malta 400,000
    Estonia 1.3 ml
    Latvia 1.9ml
    Lithuania 2.8ml
    Slovenia 2.0ml
    Croatia 4.5ml
    Scotland 5.5ml Larger population than the four smallest countries put together.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Denmark 5,792,202
      Finland 5,540,720
      Slovakia 5,459,642
      Norway 5,421,241
      Ireland 4,937,786

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Malvolio; twat of the week..
        Cyprus population 1.5 million
        Luxemburg 600,000
        Malta 400,000
        Estonia 1.3 ml
        Latvia 1.9ml
        Lithuania 2.8ml
        Slovenia 2.0ml
        Croatia 4.5ml
        Scotland 5.5ml Larger population than the four smallest countries put together.
        So what about GDP - remembering to subtract the UK's annual contribution of course...

Although don't knock yourself out, I'm not really that interested either way.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          So what about GDP - remembering to subtract the UK's annual contribution of course...
          GDP would be a lot higher if house prices were like in South of England

Annual contribution could remain the same - to keep the naval base open, unless England would choose to give up nuclear deterrent.

Anyway, putting a price on liberty is a bit pathetic
          Last edited by AtW; 24 January 2021, 19:37.

Comment

Obvious defence against separatistic referendums is sensible requirement for 2/3 of the vote (with very high turnout) but with 52-48 B...t vote that is out of the window.

Comment

Ohh good - does that mean we can have the Type 26 & 31 frigates built in English shipyards?

The first Type 26 has an unfortunate name but that is easily fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I am not a Scott but I am hedging my bets and buying a base in Scotland. Many business will move to Scotland once they gain independence and will be fast tracked to EU membership. You will be free to worship the Tories and Brexit in little England.
                The EU may be many things, but they're not stupid, and they definitely don't do charity.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  The EU may be many things, but they're not stupid, and they definitely don't do charity.
                  Spanish will block it. Otherwise, they will see at least two regions split and try and join the EU as separate states. In fact, a queue of basket-cases will form.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                    Spanish will block it. Otherwise, they will see at least two regions split and try and join the EU as separate states. In fact, a queue of basket-cases will form.
                    Last line of defence - good will of Spain!
                    Last edited by AtW; 25 January 2021, 03:32.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                      Maybe not:

Spain would not oppose future independent Scotland rejoining EU - minister | Reuters

Or maybe yes:

Spanish government confirms no EU veto for an independent Scotland

Who knows:

EU membership: Spain vs Scotland - Full Fact
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X