• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schools out until Summer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schools out until Summer

Schools may be shut until May as 'ministers rethink February restart' | Metro News

Pupils could continue learning from home until after Easter, as education leaders say they don’t expect schools to reopen until May.

Education Secretary Gavin Williamson is expected to make an announcement in the coming days, having previously stated that parents would have at least two weeks notice before classrooms reopen.

But now a Government source has claimed the nation will remain in the current homeschooling set-up ‘for the long haul’ amid fears over new Covid variants.

The virus mutation is believed to be up to 70% more infectious and 30% more deadly than other strains.

The source told The Times: ‘We are going to start giving parents more information so they can start managing their expectations. Although we have not arrived at an exact date when we think schools will go back, it will not be after half-term.’

Kevin Courtney, co-general secretary of the National Education Union, also told the publication that reopening schools after Easter seemed to be ‘optimistic’. He noted that children may only return to the classroom as ‘late as May’.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

How parents with kids in Eton handling it?

Comment

Then HMG need to properly make sure all children and their parents have all the necessary support if it does go ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Then HMG need to properly make sure all children and their parents have all the necessary support if it does go ahead.
        Infected laptops to teach kids cybersecurity early on?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Infected laptops to teach kids cybersecurity early on?

You missed the salient word I used - properly

Comment

It’s a silent word when used in same sentence with HMG...

Comment

Only chance of that happening is if they remove that former fireplace salesman. Even he knows he's tulip at the job.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Complete p take to think that remote learning is working....

Its OK for older kids but primary school kids need the interaction and be in the right environment.
                As I've found, too many distractions at home, for my 7 year old. Luckily she goes to school 3 days a week (key worker is my mrs).

Some teachers seem to be trying hard. My daughers to be fair does stuff every day. Some are just using this as an extended skive....
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Its OK
                  No, it's not ok

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    How parents with kids in Eton handling it?
                    Is Eton closed as well?
                    I have no idea but was thinking about it the other day.

Inneresting fact. Private schools in the UK are called public schools (as you know). They are called public schools because anyone, with the means, can send their children there. It was an alternative to hiring governesses and tutors in the home.

So I guess if Eton is closed they'll go back to the old ways.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X