• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris is a...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I'm not looking at our EU friends. I'm looking at our friends further East.
    TOWIE?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Our EU friends had stricter lockdowns, sooner. They still ended up back in the **** just like us.

People don't isolate when told to so I'm not sure how a better T&T would have made a huge difference.
      Sorry d000hg - who ended up with a lockdown that ended, with no working contract tracing, quarantine policies or over 100k dead , just like us?

Just because they experienced resurgences doesn't put it any where near the levels that we've had as a result of some of our "controls".

So today the spin is that the long gap between vaccines is fine because they were right with the science. But using the Oxford ( traditional Viral vector that we do have data for), whilst having distributed millions of MRNA vaccines, that the data doesn't exist for, because the Oxford wasn't ready. The question was NEVER whether we could assume that gaps between viral vector jabs would likely retain or increase efficacy, it was whether the BRAND NEW not tested long term mRNA would - and its all (still) based on an assumption - and one the manufacturer themselves prohibit.

Its just untruth after untruth, gamble after gamble.

"Schools are safe, children don't catch it, or spread it as easy - science shows" - look at that curve in September. Yet another thing we could have prepared for and dealt with better, if we'd actually approached it sensibly and cautiously.
      Last edited by Scoobos; 3 February 2021, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

"Schools are safe, children don't catch it, or spread it as easy - science shows" - look at that curve in September. Yet another thing we could have prepared for and dealt with better, if we'd actually approached it sensibly and cautiously.
        You forgot the best quotes from Typhoid Dido around that time...

Coronavirus: Dido Harding claims Test & Trace 'didn't predict' demand surge when schools went back | Daily Mail Online
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I wish I could forget, I think every single one is in my mind

The one that really, really sticks - is the 3rd Feb PM Speech at Greenwich, following the W.H.O tulipting the bed and declaring an International Health Emergency of International Concern.

For me, the government have not deviated from the plan outlined in the paragraphs starting with "Coronavirus Panic" - it's been very much economy first, even when we knew nothing about the disease and mortality.

And who can forget the very first lockdown announcement, a masterpiece of deliberate confusion.

We are now in a position where large groups of people do seem to be genuinely blaming the public, for a lack of governance, authority and decisiveness, during a real national emergency.

Now where's me happy pills!

Comment

it's been very much economy first,
            Got to disagree there it's ALL been about 'protecting the NHS'.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
              Sorry d000hg - who ended up with a lockdown that ended, with no working contract tracing, quarantine policies or over 100k dead , just like us?

Just because they experienced resurgences doesn't put it any where near the levels that we've had as a result of some of our "controls".
              Yet.

If it were not for our variant things would be very different. The race is on if they vaccinate before they too are overrun, but they are forewarned of the new variants whereas we are ground zero.

The fact other nations have had very serious resurgence demonstrates their quarantine and tracing measures aren't very successful. I would suggest if you have high enough levels of infection, those things are pretty pointless.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A certain person claimed today in front of MPs that they didn't know the virus would mutate.

Maybe that person needs to watch Matt Hancock's favourite film....

Formal Meeting - Committees - UK Parliament
                Last edited by SueEllen; 3 February 2021, 12:35.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  A working track 'n' trace we would have been out of national lockdown earlier.

Us Brits all with our smart phones allowing tracking and tracing and slavishly following orders.

Comment

Whereas you're a brave rebel running around spitting at people I suppose.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X