• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU threatens to block exports of Pfizer Covid vaccine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    You should be pleased. This is what you voted for ... to not be part of the uncaring EU ....
    Too right ...

Coronavirus: Vaccine supply fears grow amid EU export threat - BBC News

The EU warned it could restrict exports of vaccines made in the bloc
    AstraZeneca is mainly produced in the UK
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

You should be pleased. This is what you voted for ... to not be part of the uncaring EU ....
      I'm pleased we're out, and not surprised they are threatening to block exports to the UK because they can't organise their own supplies.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It's had the best part of 4 1/2 years to plan for this ... to start now to put in place processes/resources seems a little poor.

But then ... that's this government for ya eh?
        For the first 3 years we had a government which was doing a very good impression of trying not to actually leave at all. We still have a civil service which can't think for itself. It's more than a little poor, but I get your point.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

EU's coronavirus jabs 'may have ended up' in Britain

I guess this can finally explain why the Ministers were so angry when Nicola published vaccine delivery schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            I'm pleased we're out, and not surprised they are threatening to block exports to the UK because they can't organise their own supplies.
            To be fair, they are threatening to block exports to all third-countries. The Canadians & Israelis et all will be greatly impacted.

Fortunately, the UK has the manufacturing capability for the AZ jab in-country. So it's unlikely to cause much of a problem to the UK.

Terrible PR for the EU though. First of all backing the wrong horse ( Sonafi, interesting read on Politico about the politics of choosing a French company to supply the bulk of the vaccine, which then failed to deliver ). Then bleating about the perils of vaccine nationalism and the superior approach of working collectively as an EU-27 ( to the extent that they overrode local supply deals that the Germans and other countries tried to do ) and then realising what a total disaster they have on their hands and resorting to panic-stricken threats to both Pfizer and AZ before finally nuking their relations with a whole range of countries.

Politicians & bureaucrats eh? They're all pretty crap in a crisis. I can't quite believe they are making such a total mess of this. I'd been lead to believe that the EU was infallible.

Anyway, the good news is that I spoke to dad an hour ago. He's had his jab this morning, said it was very well organised and he was in and out in 20 minutes. It was done in a large auction house in Leyburn! Fortunately, the auction was closed .... so he couldn't buy any more tat!

Comment

BioNTech is based in Germany.

People will soon (next winter) see that mRNA is superior in dealing with mutating virus.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                BioNTech is based in Germany.
                And Pfizer is a US company with manufacturing facilities all over.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  And Pfizer is a US company with manufacturing facilities all over.
                  Yeah, which sucks for EU as they are big enough to have their own manufacturing capacity, but at least they got actual developer, one would have thought getting manufacturing would be easier once you have the recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Yeah, which sucks for EU as they are big enough to have their own manufacturing capacity, but at least they got actual developer, one would have thought getting manufacturing would be easier once you have the recipe.
                    Here you go written by Rowan Atkinson

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1354019140084916225

Comment

Working...
                      X