• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU citizens offered financial incentives to leave UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU citizens offered financial incentives to leave UK

“ European nationals added to voluntary returns scheme, which can include flights and up to £2,000 for resettlement

EU citizens are being offered financial incentives to leave the UK, the Guardian has learned, months before the deadline to apply for settled status has passed.

From 1 January EU citizens have quietly been added to the government’s voluntary returns scheme where financial support is offered as an encouragement to return to their country of origin.

Payments can include flights and up to £2,000 resettlement money. The scheme is designed to help some migrants in the UK to leave voluntarily.“

EU citizens offered financial incentives to leave UK | Politics | The Guardian

Any chance of that scheme being extended to Russians..?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Any chance of that scheme being extended to Russians..?
      Russians aren't EU citizens so I suspect loads have got British or EU passports unless they are Putin's good friends...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Russians aren't EU citizens so I suspect loads have got British or EU passports unless they are Putin's good friends...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          “ European nationals added to voluntary returns scheme, which can include flights and up to £2,000 for resettlement

EU citizens are being offered financial incentives to leave the UK, the Guardian has learned, months before the deadline to apply for settled status has passed.

From 1 January EU citizens have quietly been added to the government’s voluntary returns scheme where financial support is offered as an encouragement to return to their country of origin.

Payments can include flights and up to £2,000 resettlement money. The scheme is designed to help some migrants in the UK to leave voluntarily.“

EU citizens offered financial incentives to leave UK | Politics | The Guardian
          Are they going make them wear a star as well?
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Only if they choose to stay?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Or they bought EU passports

Buying an EU passport 'no use for evading sanctions'

Malta has also been selling passports en masse to Russian tycoons.
              So aTw you a Tycoon?

I used to work with a load of Venezuelans who had grandfathered Portuguese passports.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

No that is sort of a mainland tradition we fought against it.

Comment

I used to work with a load of Argentinians who had grandfathers with German passports.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I used to work with a load of Argentinians who had grandfathers with German passports.

Sadly it seems they are still out there.

I'm a Nazi girl: Argentina students film video with singing Nazis; teacher fired | The Times of Israel

Comment

Working...
                    X