• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Haircut...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haircut...

The mystery of why those police officers had neat hair...

Officers facing fines after breaching Covid-19 regulations - Metropolitan Police

A group of 31 Metropolitan Police officers are facing a £200 fixed penalty notice after breaching Covid-19 regulations while on duty.

Earlier this month, the Met received an allegation that a number of officers had their hair cut by a professional barber while at Bethnal Green police station. The incident happened on Sunday 17 January.

A local investigation was launched and it has been decided the 31 police officers who had their haircut should each face a £200 fixed penalty notice.

Two officers, who were involved in organising the activity, have also been identified and notified they are under investigation for misconduct.

Local policing commander, Detective Chief Superintendent Marcus Barnett, said: “It is deeply disappointing and frustrating that my officers have fallen short of the expectation to uphold Covid-19 regulations. Although officers donated money to charity as part of the haircut, this does not excuse them from what was a very poor decision. I expect a lot more of them.

“It is right therefore, officers should each face a £200 fine, as well as misconduct action for those two who organised this event.

“Quite rightly, the public expect police to be role models in following the regulations which are designed to prevent the spread of this deadly virus. I hope this action proves that police are not immune to enforcement of the rules, and we are prepared as an organisation to take action if we see officers have behaved irresponsibly.”
    Last edited by SueEllen; 26 January 2021, 18:39.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Local policing commander, Detective Chief Superintendent Marcus Barnett,
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

Hairdresser , Cafe its not going well is it?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You'd think large employers could hire a private barber for in-house work.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I bought one of these from Argos for £23 & let the wife loose on my lockdown hair with a #4 guard attached

Must say for a first attempt its a passible result & bonus it will pay for itself after 2 uses!
          HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
            I bought one of these from Argos for £23 & let the wife loose on my lockdown hair with a #4 guard attached

Must say for a first attempt its a passible result & bonus it will pay for itself after 2 uses!
            HTH

Do they have Argos in the US? Why don't you use a barber for your toupee as you don't believe in Covid?

I think you posted using the wrong account....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Meanwhile, the French police do the Macarena

Paris police accused of breaking curfew after Macarena at party | World news | The Guardian

Comment

HTH

similar with a wahl for £13. now in profit after 2 trims. On my third so £7.50 up.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

HTH

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I thought it was the important message from Bank of England...

Comment

Working...
                    X