• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rental DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rental DOOM

"Private rents in some of the UK’s biggest city centres have fallen by up to 12% in a year but have risen sharply in parts of northern England as some tenants swapped an urban life for the suburbs, smaller towns and villages.

Property website Rightmove’s latest rental trends report said the pandemic had led to falling asking rents and a “flood” of properties coming on to the market in many areas.

Central London has been “hardest hit”, said the website, with average asking rents down by 12.4% on a year ago, followed by Edinburgh city centre, which was down 10%, and Manchester city centre, down 5.3%.

Away from city centres it was a different picture, with agents reporting busy markets and rising rents.

Rightmove named the top three highest growth areas outside London as the city of Durham, the town of Keighley in West Yorkshire, and Wigan in Greater Manchester."

Private rents fall in UK's biggest cities by up to 12% amid Covid crisis | Renting property | The Guardian

Only luxury Bham bedsits over kebab shops are safe!

All those bloody townies pricing the locals out, yet again!

Comment

BOOM not DOOM then...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        BOOM not DOOM then...
        One person's BOOM is another's DOOM...

Comment

Don't know about the local rental market.
          House prices up here in my sunny part of Warwickshire have been on the rise since about June and we are seeing a rise in newly ex-londoners.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Since I own property in Durham and Cornwall, can I retire now?

Comment

Since I own property in Durham and Cornwall, can I retire now?
              No!

You need to have another income stream to help protect yourself when the next government hikes taxes to pay for the pandemic.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                No!

You need to have another income stream to help protect yourself when the next government hikes taxes to pay for the pandemic.
                When next Govt comes it would be best not to have any income streams...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  No!

You think it'll take until the next government?

mi fone did this on tappy tawk

Comment

You think it'll take until the next government?

mi fone did this on tappy tawk
                    Yes when BJ resigns (after being told to by the 1922 committee)
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X