• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Other viewpoints on vaccine availability

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other viewpoints on vaccine availability

Seems Die Zeit & Bild have been taken over by the wail and express.

https://www.zeit.de/politik/ausland/...omplettansicht

Slow and bureaucratic: Many Brits see their prejudices against the EU confirmed by the dispute over the AstraZeneca vaccine. Boris Johnson joins the company.
    An analysis by Bettina Schulz , London
    Trodel- und Geiz-Bestellung - So redet von der Leyen das Impfdrama klein -
    Politik Ausland -
    Bild.de

At the beginning of January, EU Health Commissioner Stella Kyriakides (64) stated that the EU was “doing very well with its selection of vaccine manufacturers”.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ARE YOU SERIOUS WHEN YOU SAY THAT!

The opposite is the case. There is a huge crash: snail vaccination in Germany, junk and greed order for vaccines by the EU Commission!
    Darn it seems their highly skilled negotiators must have been on Holiday.

BILD-Check: The EU and Germany pepped up companies with a lot of money. But apparently without securing sufficient rights. Others invested even more: As early as July 22, it was announced that the US would transfer $ 2 billion to Pfizer / Biontech.
    Not a lot of love for Ursula!
    Last edited by vetran; 27 January 2021, 12:18.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Slightly disingenuous as we started vaccinating earlier.

A better measure would be jabs per day to get a view of the rate of vaccination being achieved in each country.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Slightly disingenuous as we started vaccinating earlier.

A better measure would be jabs per day to get a view of the rate of vaccination being achieved in each country.

Why did Covid start infecting the French etc. later ? I should imagine google will help you.

There are multiple issues here,
        when the country or organisation
        1,ordered the vaccine
        2, Approved the vaccine
        3, Started vaccinating
        4, How fast they are vaccinating.

The UK are the leaders in Europe in every category.

Comment

Hard to see how Brexit is a factor since the vaccines were created, tested and approved while we were under EU law.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Why did Covid start infecting the French etc. later ? I should imagine google will help you.
          You can see the various peaks are time-delayed... Italy and Spain first time round, followed by UK. UK was then in the honeymoon phase when 2nd wave started in Europe and we were able to feel superior, before it happened here too. Then our new rush of cases coincided with our new variant, a new pandemic which we are the epicentre of and therefore leading the way with other countries likely to follow. Although it's possible the vaccination timing means others will not be ravaged by the UK variant nearly as badly.

It's really very fortunate we are doing so well on vaccination domestically, or we'd be in this most dire position for many months.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Hard to see how Brexit is a factor since the vaccines were created, tested and approved while we were under EU law.

You can see the various peaks are time-delayed... Italy and Spain first time round, followed by UK. UK was then in the honeymoon phase when 2nd wave started in Europe and we were able to feel superior, before it happened here too. Then our new rush of cases coincided with our new variant, a new pandemic which we are the epicentre of and therefore leading the way with other countries likely to follow. Although it's possible the vaccination timing means others will not be ravaged by the UK variant nearly as badly.

It's really very fortunate we are doing so well on vaccination domestically, or we'd be in this most dire position for many months.

I didn't suggest it was Brexit Die Zeit & Bild did.

Whilst we were in the transition phase we negotiated the vaccines not while we were in the EU.

Good job we are winning at vaccines our only other achievement in Covid is killing so many people by incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I didn't suggest it was Brexit Die Zeit & Bild did.
              I never claimed you suggested it. That's why it was before your quoted post.

Whilst we were in the transition phase we negotiated the vaccines not while we were in the EU.
              That's why I said EU law not "in the EU", quite deliberately.

Good job we are winning at vaccines our only other achievement in Covid is killing so many people by incompetence.
              Yes that was my point, though most deaths are due to public negligence not governmental.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X