• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock Market battle - when the little guys fight back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And since there appears a close correlation to GME and WOW from what I'm reading on Reddit.

But I think that it's more than the money - it's personal.

An Open Letter to Melvin Capital, CNBC, Boomers, and WSB : wallstreetbets
    Are we sure all the "little guys" on reddit are actually "little guys"?
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Ah. Witchcraft then
      sort of

How to Determine whether Your Stocks Are Being Sold Short - dummies
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Are we sure all the "little guys" on reddit are actually "little guys"?
        Well, there is a healthy dose of paranoia over there.

There are theories that Mods are 'being offered sums' to blow up on Twitter in order to get the sub closed down.

*starts thinking about the stocks and shares thread...*
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

And if you don't know what the feck is going on, or what we are talking about, this is a good primer.

What is GameStop, where do the memes come in, and who is winning or losing? | Stock markets | The Guardian
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I don't doubt that some short sellers might be feeling the pain and losses in the short term but there's a reason why many of those people in the Reddit forums are still living at home with their parents and people who run hedge funds live in multi-million pound houses. Long term, we know who the winners are when it comes to the stock market.

Comment

Long term we are all going to be dead

In the meantime some of the short sellers will be moving back in with parents

Comment

Those people have nothing to win, they are stuck in the American capitalist hell.

Making payments to student loans, car payments, health insurance bills, eye watering rents.

They don't care about the risk because they are already living in hell, the excitement of trading is already the best reward to them. Worse can they return to their miserable life.

This is a wonderful thing and how the little guy fights back to warlord capitalists. Let's be honest, anyone that has read a book or two in finance is well aware that that thing is 1000 less worse than what they are doing on daily basis.

Those redditors have more courage to fight for their rights than you old farts standing in front of your PC being contempt that the system has thrown a few crumbles your way and that you have tenants keeping you in your clouds and allowing you to pronounce prosecco.

But yeah... they'll be crashed petty soon
                Last edited by GigiBronz; 28 January 2021, 10:18.

Comment

Just been on 212 and you can no longer trade long on GME or AMC : trading212

The little guy can no longer participate, this is OK though, Trading 212 is a private company and can do as it likes.

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                  Those people have nothing to win, they are stuck in the American capitalist hell.

Making payments to student loans, car payments, health insurance bills, eye watering rents.

They don't care about the risk because they are already living in hell, the excitement of trading is already the best reward to them. Worse can they return to their miserable life.
                  I hate to break it to you but the US is one of the finest places to be a private individual, classic Eurotrash (with a chip on their shoulder) over-dramatisation.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                    I hate to break it to you but the US is one of the finest places to be a private individual
                    As long as you've got the money

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      Just been on 212 and you can no longer trade long on GME or AMC : trading212

The little guy can no longer participate, this is OK though, Trading 212 is a private company and can do as it likes.
                      Maybe nobody is selling and what's "sold" is fugazi - a reverse of naked short

Comment

Working...
                      X