• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Universal Housing Project

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    There is no shortage of housing. I've just gone through a week of negotiation for a 2 bed flat in CW that the agent suggested 1600. after putting the holding deposit I've been ghosted for 1 week. CW is 50% empty, it's just that they don't want to let the market correct. They want 2000 now. Attempted all the tricks in the book.

The market is rigged and they will play all the tricks in the book to keep it that way. There is no justice for the little person.

Some people are contempt because it works in their way, but they forget that they might have kids one day or grandkids and you might not be able to pass on wealth for all of them.

What land would those properties be built? I am sure the old boys in housing associations would do everything in their power not to allow it.
    The people holding the other flats may not be renting because of risks,

The stats suggest you are wrong we have 23 Million dwellings at an average occupancy of 2.4 I make that 55.2 million people housed we are a bit short. Mrs May released a briefing 5 years ago and suggested we were 3 Million short.

Housing in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia.

So go autotrader on it. Get a boo value for the area and give each property a good/fair/premium value sticker on it.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Plenty of space

Not in London where everyone wants to live. Covid may change this and Governments could create jobs elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Not in London where everyone wants to live.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Sorry this isn't Brexit here we like facts. You can get a flat over a kebab shop with space for a Squirrel entourage in London if you want.

Possibly you are right I don't personally want to live in London but living a commutable distance opens up easy access to jobs, theatres, events and museums that aren't available in Walsall.

Comment

Possibly you are right I don't personally want to live in London
            Oh, so not everyone then?

People who want to live in London and actually do live (it up) are those who have nice houses with white fronts in Chelsea and Kensington and places like that.

Now that's awright.

But if you have to commute from zone 666 then it's not living.
            Last edited by AtW; 28 January 2021, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
              There is no shortage of housing..

I let houses and had to rent plenty. I haven't seen a problem with it at all. Is this supposed to fix the lower end of the market or am I missing something? You've made some odd statements and I don't see the whole issue you seem to have a problem with. Is it just me?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I let houses and had to rent plenty. I haven't seen a problem with it at all. Is this supposed to fix the lower end of the market or am I missing something? You've made some odd statements and I don't see the whole issue you seem to have a problem with. Is it just me?

I think the issue is in areas of high demand and with low income or morals (tenants and landlords).

Plenty of tenants have properties with no gas cert and leaking roof & plumbing. plenty of Landlords have tenants that they wish they had never met. I know a few of both.

Comment

I think the issue is in areas of high demand and with low income or morals (tenants and landlords).

Plenty of tenants have properties with no gas cert and leaking roof & plumbing. plenty of Landlords have tenants that they wish they had never met. I know a few of both.
                  Oh, so not really the letting process that's the problem?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Oh, so not really the letting process that's the problem?

I think the overall process could be improved to fix the issues both sides suffer at the extremes. Also I have friends that rent who have been done over by the agents.

Just as supermarkets hire security guards its not to stop you, its for the thieving scumbags and not every shop or business is immoral so trading standards won't affect everyone.

EXCLUSIVE: Official data shows 'tsunami' of evictions has yet to materialise

This figure refers to possession hearings started using a Section 8 notice for non-payment of rent subsequently submitted to County Courts for a hearing date, which most legal experts agree represent 75% of eviction cases, and is far less than the approximately 10,000 cases that pass through the courts each month in normal times.
                    so 120,000 tenants evicted 75% for non payment of rent. Many landlords are just glad bad tenants leave and don't take them to court. If these tenants could be excluded from the renting process or pay rent insurance do you not think that would be an improvement?

Rogue landlords: 90% of local authorities fail to issue fines | Housing | The Guardian

Banned but still in business: law fails to stop rogue landlords | Real estate | The Guardian

The Guardian and ITV News have also discovered that local authorities have failed to make a single entry on to the central government’s new rogue landlord database in the six months since its launch.Prior to the database launch the government had estimated there were 10,500 rogue landlords operating in England, and said it expected more than 600 of the worst offenders to be entered onto the system.

Comment

every day that I spend on this forum it lets me believe that it is run by bots and intelligence services to brainwash some gullible people that think they might get some information here.

I have good credit score and in good morals, renting with a friend so although I am not employed he will guarantee for us.

You people, intentionally fail to recognise that the industry is intentionally biased and has been for a long time.

People talking about morals when this country is morally bankrupt. So much nonsense around here...
                      Last edited by GigiBronz; 28 January 2021, 13:08.

Comment

Working...
                      X