• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All Jaguar cars electric only be 2025

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Jaguar cars electric only be 2025

Jaguar to become all-electric brand from 2025 | Autocar

Bolloré said that there are currently no plans to close any manufacturing facilities.

All Jaguar and Land Rover models will be offered with an electric powertrain by the end of the decade, with Jaguar becoming an electric-only luxury brand from 2025 onwards.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Well done; Indian manufacturers are showing they are much more green-thinking that those in this country.

Though I'm not clear what an "all electric brand means" when:

"By the end of the decade, JLR is aiming for 100% of Jaguar sales and 60% of Land Rover sales to be fully electric."
    Last edited by Paralytic; 15 February 2021, 15:17.

Comment

Sounds good. 2025 might be on the early side, but the truth is that once we reach ICE price parity and eliminate (or massively reduce) range anxiety, no one - outside of a few niche enthusiasts - is going to want to buy a new ICE car. Electric simply makes a better vehicle on virtually every metric. Batteries are slated to hit 400wh/kg in around that time frame, which should give real-world range of 500 miles or longer - which would be more than enough for me to take the plunge.

Comment

when do we get sufficient electricity generation to charge these things when every bugger has one?
        That's right. We don't. No new nukes, no base load power. If it's cloudy and calm you're going nowhere.
        And that's before we factor in heating moving to electric.

By 2025 the rules on taxing electricity will have changed.
        You'll get charged more for faster use (a power charge on top of the energy charge), both in tax and to the power generators.
        Great if you can trickle feed the car over a whole day. Expensive if you want it done in 45 minutes.
        All enabled by smart meters.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Get your orders in for a 2024 Jag now.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            when do we get sufficient electricity generation to charge these things when every bugger has one?
            That's right. We don't. No new nukes, no base load power. If it's cloudy and calm you're going nowhere.
            And that's before we factor in heating moving to electric.
            We won't need to go anywhere - we'll still be staying at home, helping the NHS and saving lives.

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            All enabled by smart meters.
            And that's why i'm doing my little bit by resisting all attempts to date to install a smart meter - its not for our benefit - its simply so that differential pricing can be thrust upon us for maximum profit, in the guise of controlling peak usage.

I'm not naive enough to think I won't eventually be forced to get one, however.
            Last edited by Paralytic; 15 February 2021, 15:46.

Comment

I am ahead of the game with my i-pace - however don't get me started on public charging facilities.
              No point being all electric if there is only very few, very slow and many broken charging points

Comment

Whenever I see ICE, I always think 'In Car Entertainment' and I have a brief moment of confusion until I figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  We won't need to go anywhere - we'll still be staying at home, helping the NHS and saving lives.
                  Let's hope that is because most jobs are now WFH not because there is another pandemic.

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  And that's why i'm doing my little bit by resisting all attempts to date to install a smart meter - its not for our benefit - its simply so that differential pricing can be thrust upon us for maximum profit, in the guise of controlling peak usage.

I'm not naive enough to think I won't eventually be forced to get one, however.
                  One reason to change supplier every year to a small one - unfortunately they are all going bust....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                    I am ahead of the game with my i-pace - however don't get me started on public charging facilities.
                    No point being all electric if there is only very few, very slow and many broken charging points
                    This is where Tesla are light years ahead with their free superfast chargers everywhere.
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X