• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're on tv

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Oh man that beard though
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Yep that was a thing of horror!
      Hey .... that's a manly beard that is

And the girls love it

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Hey .... that's a manly beard that is

And the girls love it
        I bet there is a girl who loves it. What is her labrador called?

Comment

Don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere (or even on this thread) cause i'm half asleep.

Did you buy any of the featured properties post-filming ?
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere (or even on this thread) cause i'm half asleep.

Did you buy any of the featured properties post-filming ?
            No, we didn't buy any. This had been our first time in Cornwall whilst Mrs W was dependent on a wheelchair and it became clear quite quickly that Cornwall is not ideal for the disabled.

Also, none of the properties were really suitable. We were polite on screen but off the record we were less polite. Poor Alistair, who only sees the properties about 10 mins before we do, wasn't impressed either. They cut a lot of our comments out about the 2nd property, although they did leave Mrs W's dig that it would be a nice pub

The 3rd property was amazing but wouldn't have really worked for us. Plus the barns that 'could' be converted, couldn't really as they were listed and had so many restrictions on them that we could never have done what we needed.

It was a good laugh though and we really enjoyed doing it. And now I have a record of Mrs W that I can keep watching whenever I want.

We did move to the country, but to Wiltshire instead. This allowed me to keep working (as did Mrs W from home) and in hindsight this was a much better solution given how her health deteriorated.

Comment

As we seem to be having a gentle day on CUK, and everyone is being (relatively) polite, I'm going to share a couple of little videos of Mrs W from right at the start of our relationship.*

These probably answer the question on the other thread on why men would get married; I had the most amazing, beautiful, fun wife .... although feck knows what she saw in me .... maybe she thought I had a 'nice personality' or something.

You can't quite see in the video, but Mrs W is pointing to me as she is singing (can't recall now what I was doing to make her laugh)

* If this triggers anyone, tough. I'm having a pretty shyte day today with grieving so you'll need to just accept I may be oversharing but meh, I don't care.

**I'm pretty sure by now that anyone who wants to find out who I am in real life can already, and I say on here what I say in real life, so .....

Comment

Although this is my personal favourite ..... she just cracked me up and never changed throughout our life together.

Comment

Comment

Although this is my personal favourite ..... she just cracked me up and never changed throughout our life together.

The chap on the table behind her is well unimpressed.

He has a face like, "no-one said there would be karaoke"

Comment

As we seem to be having a gentle day on CUK, and everyone is being (relatively) polite, I'm going to share a couple of little videos of Mrs W from right at the start of our relationship.*

These probably answer the question on the other thread on why men would get married; I had the most amazing, beautiful, fun wife .... although feck knows what she saw in me .... maybe she thought I had a 'nice personality' or something.

You can't quite see in the video, but Mrs W is pointing to me as she is singing (can't recall now what I was doing to make her laugh)

* If this triggers anyone, tough. I'm having a pretty shyte day today with grieving so you'll need to just accept I may be oversharing but meh, I don't care.

**I'm pretty sure by now that anyone who wants to find out who I am in real life can already, and I say on here what I say in real life, so .....

Hey many people never ever get to feel as good as you & Mrs W did together, no reason not to be happy about that.

It was the beard, chicks love the beard!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X