• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What frightening experiences have you had?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Infection?
    Nah she uses rubber gloves on us Cukkers!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Nah she uses rubber gloves on us Cukkers!
      The gloves I get, but why does she need to wear the full rubber cat suit?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

The gloves I get, but why does she need to wear the full rubber cat suit?
        she needs some joy in her work
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Once I checked into a hotel and found that there was no wi-fi
          That was proper scary.

Comment

Mexico City (told this at the time on PCG)

out having a few beers (out working with client co), me and the boss for a night out, get into a taxi to go to another bar, taxi stops at a green light, 2 large Mexican come in with guns, get our bank cards off us and ask for the pins, I give mine up in a heartbeat, but the boss says he cant remember, they start beating the hell out of him, he still says he cant remember, they say they will shoot me in the face if he cant remember, he calls his wife as she knows and gives it to him, that drive us up into the hills, strip us of absolutely everything and tell us to start walking, one of them shouts BANG and laughs and they drive off, 2 mins later a police car pulls up and asks for 500 dollars to run us back to town, we are in our socks - he drives off also, got a lift in the back of a farmers truck eventually. Workmates were very confused as why they did not just shoot us.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Mexico City (told this at the time on PCG)

out having a few beers (out working with client co), me and the boss for a night out, get into a taxi to go to another bar, taxi stops at a green light, 2 large Mexican come in with guns, get our bank cards off us and ask for the pins, I give mine up in a heartbeat, but the boss says he cant remember, they start beating the hell out of him, he still says he cant remember, they say they will shoot me in the face if he cant remember, he calls his wife as she knows and gives it to him, that drive us up into the hills, strip us of absolutely everything and tell us to start walking, one of them shouts BANG and laughs and they drive off, 2 mins later a police car pulls up and asks for 500 dollars to run us back to town, we are in our socks - he drives off also, got a lift in the back of a farmers truck eventually. Workmates were very confused as why they did not just shoot us.
              Remarkably, this is more believable that most of the stuff you post here

Comment

Recall summit else mildly scary. I used to do sales support, giving technical presentations. Went to Indonesia with the head sales bloke and since he was the boss I left all the organisation to him. He went home early and I stayed to do some data gathering. He handed over our passports as we were required to and when I was due to go back had no idea where he'd left mine. Took me half a day enquiring around to locate it.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Couple of times when cojak gave me an infraction...
                  Yeh. That so stressed me out I'm thinking of suing NAT for damage to my mental health.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

Ah, the joys of wake turbulence. Pretty cool that you were allowed into the Class A airspace (as it then was) over central London - I'm jealous
                    Oh, and with apologies to Stan Boardman: That Fokker was a Messerschmitt!
                    Was late 1990's KLM was one of the few (if not the only) airlines using propeller aircraft to fly at LHR from Rotterdam and Eindhoven., The cool thing they usually parked at T4 next to Concorde and you had to walk over the tarmac to the terminal door so you had a very good view of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Remarkably, this is more believable that most of the stuff you post here
                      Thanks, I won't tell the story then about when I was working in Amsterdam and wondered why some lights had blue lights, that was frightening !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X