• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Red Dwarf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    It was Epic until the series where they went back in time and shot Kennedy. Then it became unwatchable - I have no idea if it improved from there. The books were tremendous though!
    "Grant Naylor Productions made the first ten series of Red Dwarf, although Grant stepped down from writing after series six. Baby Cow made the last two series in association with the company, as well as The Promised Land special.

Kennedy was Series 7 Episode 1...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

"Grant Naylor Productions made the first ten series of Red Dwarf, although Grant stepped down from writing after series six. Baby Cow made the last two series in association with the company, as well as The Promised Land special.

Kennedy was Series 7 Episode 1...

Ah now that explains a lot ....
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        It was Epic until the series where they went back in time and shot Kennedy. Then it became unwatchable - I have no idea if it improved from there.

The books were tremendous though!
        Ah Tikka to ride

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikka_to_Ride

I rather enjoyed that.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Interesting. It is quite true that apparently awful things could result in unforeseen positives. Or vice versa.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Series 5 was the peak, I think, but I saw the Promised Land last year. It was quite enjoyable. Some critics thought it great, others panned it.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Promised Land was rather pants, script wise.

It's clear to me now from the time line of what happened that Grant was the driving creative force

Comment

Each to their own.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

They lost me with "Back to Earth"... never really watched it since. I caught one or two episodes but it was almost like they'd cut'n'pasted jokes from earlier series ad-hoc, and lost any semblance of continuity or story. The original series actually had a half-decent story arc, considering how silly it all was.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X