• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did Boris boink her as well?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I don't know, I'm still only 50% convinced the Hurst goal crossed the line

I do wonder though when people like yourself will allow the world to move on and stop harking back to past 'glories'. You don't seem to be able to let the past sleep and to look forward. I get that as an ex-serviceman it has been indoctrinated into you, but you seem like a smart chap able to think for himself, move away from the military brainwashing and see the world in new eyes. You might even enjoy what you see.
    I was too young to enjoy the game.

I think you should be more concerned about the French Ambassador who originally made the disrespectful comment to sell her book.

Boris is fair game as a liar as its obvious he has the morals of a hound dog, despite B'liar being a consummate master at lying to parliament and Jezzebell being unable to tell you which terrorists he has gotten into bed with. Don't forget Mr Grey who was currying favour for years.

Xoggy & I just commented she was wrong about the British being alone after her whole country capitulated and I was accused of being jingoistic. The figures & history support the idea that the UK was the largest ally standing until Russia & America joined in 1941. Numbers wise against Russia & the USA we were small only having 5 million soldiers but they were fighting on multiple fronts for years.

I'm not an ex serviceman. My family were for generations because it was needed.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I think you should be more concerned about the French Ambassador who originally made the disrespectful comment to sell her book.
      Why? Just some nobody getting people agitated to get some PR for her book. Why should that bother me? I certainly don't see the quote you put up as disrespectful to me or mine.

Boris is fair game as a liar as its obvious he has the morals of a hound dog, despite B'liar being a consummate master at lying to parliament and Jezzebell being unable to tell you which terrorists he has gotten into bed with. Don't forget Mr Grey who was currying favour for years.
      They're politicians. They all lie. If they told the truth no one would vote for them.

Xoggy & I just commented she was wrong about the British being alone after her whole country capitulated and I was accused of being jingoistic. The figures & history support the idea that the UK was the largest ally standing until Russia & America joined in 1941. Numbers wise against Russia & the USA we were small only having 5 million soldiers but they were fighting on multiple fronts for years.
      Who cares whether she is right or wrong. Go to any book shop and the shelves are full of books full of cr@p. You got triggered by this though and went all jingoistic. This is something that happened 70 years ago, we need to learn from the mistakes of the past but unless we move forward we never will.

I'm not an ex serviceman. My family were for generations because it was needed.
      My family worked in factories for generations, doesn't make me a factory worker. I tend to make my own mind up. Like I say, why not try the same and not get triggered by every non Brit who you think has slighted our wonderful country
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I get that as an ex-serviceman it has been indoctrinated into you, but you seem like a smart chap able to think for himself, move away from the military brainwashing and see the world in new eyes. You might even enjoy what you see.
        That is a lazy generalisation, expected better of you, there is no brainwashing in the military and contrary to popular belief you are encouraged to think for yourself. You're not even allowed to join a political party, but you could enter any club for free. WWII generation not so much so and that's why when men and equipment were equal the Germans would usually triumph. In their army executive power ran all the way down to private. Ours the officer class. We learnt that and now the armed forces are much more empowered.

Although I did enjoy annoying certain types with my Red Brigade T-Shirt.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          That is a lazy generalisation, expected better of you, there is no brainwashing in the military and contrary to popular belief you are encouraged to think for yourself
          Really .. you're one of a few on here then

Unfortunately your fellow ex-servicemen on here, and those I meet locally (I live in an ex-military hotspot) live up to my generalisation pretty well. There will always be exceptions and I know you're well thought of on CUK, but you really are the exception in my (anecdotal) experience.

Comment

Let the punishment beatings continue!

Comment

Tiny before or after Russia & America joined?

Tiny in Europe pre 41?

Tiny in Africa?

Tiny in Burma?

Tiny in Egypt?

Now tiny in the Pacific possibly.

As above there were more commonwealth troops at Normandy than American.

Before 1941 we were the only ones left standing.
              It has always amazed me that British think that they won WW2. It is a nice fairy tale that is greatly exaggerated through various pop-culture films. The war was won by Russia and US (who provided the money and equipment). Mainly Russia.

You cannot dispute the numbers. Soviets are responsible for killing 75-80% of German troops and have lost roughly between 25 and 30 million people in this war. Go check the history books.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post

It has always amazed me that British think that they won WW2. It is a nice fairy tale that is greatly exaggerated through various pop-culture films. The war was won by Russia and US (who provided the money and equipment). Mainly Russia.

You cannot dispute the numbers. Soviets are responsible for killing 75-80% of German troops and have lost roughly between 25 and 30 million people in this war. Go check the history books.
                yep however the uk stood alone until the USA and USSR joined.

Comment

yep however the uk stood alone until the USA and USSR joined.
                  `stood alone` that sounds very brave when taken out of context.

You are forgetting however that UK was the orchestrator of Munich Betrayal in 1938 where they signed an agreement with the Nazis to appease Hitler by giving him away Czechoslovakia. Even though they were warned by the Soviets that Hitler was out for blood for the whole of Europe. Soviets at the time offered assistance to defend Czechoslovakia if they were allowed to cross the Polish border. But UK failed to listen to the warnings and made a pact with Hitler (and Poland). Later down the line Hitler turned on the rest of Europe and those are the `brave` years of 39-41 that you are talking about. You should really not be selective about your history reading.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post

`stood alone` that sounds very brave when taken out of context.

You are forgetting however that UK was the orchestrator of Munich Betrayal in 1938 where they signed an agreement with the Nazis to appease Hitler by giving him away Czechoslovakia. Even though they were warned by the Soviets that Hitler was out for blood for the whole of Europe. Soviets at the time offered assistance to defend Czechoslovakia if they were allowed to cross the Polish border. But UK failed to listen to the warnings and made a pact with Hitler (and Poland). Later down the line Hitler turned on the rest of Europe and those are the `brave` years of 39-41 that you are talking about. You should really not be selective about your history reading.
                    Unfortunately it's what jingoistic xenophobes do.

He also failed to mention that Churchill abandoned our SE Asian colonies to the whims of the Japanese.

Comment

Not forgetting that Soviet oil fed the Nazi warmachine until "Unternehmen Barbarossa" in 1941, having helped dear old Adolph split Poland into two parts.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X