Road Accident Road Accident
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Road Accident

  1. #1

    More time posting than coding

    zamzummim has no reputation

    zamzummim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    433

    Default Road Accident

    Anyone here had a near death road accident? did your life flash before your eyes? I had one last year on the motorway, just kept thinking: 'this is it, this is it, its all over now'

    Did the accident teach you to drive betteror slower? I try to keep to speed limits now

  2. #2

    Super poster

    rootsnall has no reputation


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zamzummim
    Anyone here had a near death road accident? did your life flash before your eyes? I had one last year on the motorway, just kept thinking: 'this is it, this is it, its all over now'

    Did the accident teach you to drive betteror slower? I try to keep to speed limits now
    Was involved in a good one in London a few years back in an illegal taxi at 5am that got smashed up by a pissed up driver. Everybody else ended up in hospital or was arrested and I got left unscathed by the roadside as the coppers wouldn't give me a lift as I was too pissed. Eventually got home on the tube. Didn't really teach me anything !

  3. #3

    Banned

    SandyDown has no reputation

    SandyDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    I had a horrid accident on the M40 - no my life didn't flash, frankly I had a strange feeling of being relieved and totally free, I thought everything is going to be OK, nothing no one and no problems mattered at that point - it was a very strange liberating feeling, if I haven't survived it I think I wouldn't have minded leaving the world feeling so relieved !

    Yes it did teach me to stick to speed limits
    Last edited by SandyDown; 5th February 2007 at 11:52.

  4. #4

    Super poster

    Lucifer Box is good enough for Jehovah!

    Lucifer Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SandyDown
    I had a horrid accident on the M40 - no my life didn't flash, frankly I had a strange feeling of being relieved and totally free, I thought everything is going to be OK, nothing no one and no problems mattered at that point - it was a very strange liberating feeling, if I haven't survived it I think I wouldn't have minded leaving the world feeling so relieved !

    Yes it did teach me to stick to speed limits
    Maybe you didn't and are now living with the rest of us in an artificial reality matrix constructed by Threaded? After all, how would you know?

  5. #5

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,091

    Default

    As a teenager, I was a passenger in a car, we were going about 70mph on a windy country road, when the driver lost it, the car swerved and we headed for a stone wall. We all thought it was "curtains". Yes I did see my entire life flash before me in a split second weird feeling. Anyway the car didn't hit the wall, it continued swerving went up a rise on the side of the road and turned upside down on the road, sliding 20 yards up the road on its roof, so there was no impact and no-one was hurt. That was really lucky as there were about 8 of us in the car.

    Do I drive more carefully.....hmm...not sure about that, but I everytime I go a bit fast round a corner the memories of crunching metal and windows smashing comes back.
    I'm alright Jack

  6. #6

    Banned

    SandyDown has no reputation

    SandyDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Box
    Maybe you didn't and are now living with the rest of us in an artificial reality matrix constructed by Threaded? After all, how would you know?
    Yes who knows -
    Am too scared to say this, just can't stop thinking about Fleety, I don't know the details, but I do hope Fleety had the same liberating feeling that came over me before he passed away - I do hope he did even if it was for a few seconds (time is suddnly starts going in a very very slow motion )

  7. #7

    Jedi Like

    gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

    gingerjedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Contractwr
    Posts
    9,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Box
    Maybe you didn't and are now living with the rest of us in an artificial reality matrix constructed by Threaded? After all, how would you know?
    Multiple parallel universes? Every decision/reaction creates a branch and carries on with each outcome? I find it hard to comprehend but people a lot cleverer than me seem to think there maybe somthing in it

  8. #8

    Fingers like lightning

    foritisme is too good to be a permie

    foritisme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wherever I lay my hat
    Posts
    790

    Default

    20 years I have been driving with out any problems on all the major motorways and A roads, then just before christmas I had my first major accident driving through our village. The driver in front was fannying around deciding whether to turn or not - I decided he wasn't so overtook him, he then decided he was !)

    No near death experiences, I was more p*ssed that he was sitting there holding his neck and phoning for an ambulance - this was after he got out of his car and decided there wasn't much damage to his car. Me, I needed two new doors, though myself & the 3 kids in the car were fine. (Even they were commenting about his actions tw*t)

  9. #9

    Ministry of Love

    realityhack has more data than eek

    realityhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,667

    Default

    One where we blasted round a 90 degree bend and missed an oncoming by centimetres.

    One where my head went through the car windscreen - over in a split second - hospital with a chipped vertebra.

    One where some bloke on a motor bike went sraight over the bonnet at about 40, not nice. He wasn't very well.

    Two instances of being hit by lorries on the A11 when cycling.

    One where we would have been toast under the wheels of an artic had the people we were overtaking not let us in.

    Oh, and one where my last word would have been "F*uckarama", as my mate decided to do a U turn on a double carriageway, and we were faced with a LARGE truck we just missed.

    I learned nothing, except that truck drivers cannot see you, assume you're invisible.

    On the upside, my mum & dad met each other in a head-on smash. She ended up in his passenger seat. He still has the steering wheel that fits his chest perfectly.

  10. #10

    Super poster

    Lucifer Box is good enough for Jehovah!

    Lucifer Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foritisme
    20 years I have been driving with out any problems on all the major motorways and A roads, then just before christmas I had my first major accident driving through our village. The driver in front was fannying around deciding whether to turn or not - I decided he wasn't so overtook him, he then decided he was !)

    No near death experiences, I was more p*ssed that he was sitting there holding his neck and phoning for an ambulance - this was after he got out of his car and decided there wasn't much damage to his car. Me, I needed two new doors, though myself & the 3 kids in the car were fine. (Even they were commenting about his actions tw*t)
    To be fair, it sounds as though it was your fault. If someone seems unsure in front of you, just wait until they have decided what they're doing. Don't try and razz past them.

    I think the only instance the law would recognise it would have been his fault would have been if you were on a motorbike or bicycle, an exception to the general "if you hit someone it's your fault" rule I've always found strange.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •