• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pension savings - I was wrong

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pension savings - I was wrong

I estimated the other day a saving to the Tories of about £1bn a year due to pensioners dying of covid, seems it's closer to £1.5bn savings. Tories will get a nice £0.9bn windfall in inheritance tax too.

Well done Tories

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56272829
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Ah, they'll be killing us off with a phoney c* jab.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

They're probably secretly kicking themselves that they didn't just let it rip a year ago.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        I estimated the other day a saving to the Tories of about £1bn a year due to pensioners dying of covid, seems it's closer to £1.5bn savings. Tories will get a nice £0.9bn windfall in inheritance tax too.

Well done Tories

I thought of that cynical post when I saw the story last night.

And LM's post about it being spent already...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tories are usually old people, so they basically killed their voter base for a quick profit.

Seems fair.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Unfair to payor but not to payee

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Unfair to payer but not to payee
              FTFY
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                Tories are usually old people, so they basically killed their voter base for a quick profit.

Seems fair.
                A disproportionate number seem to have been from ethnic minorities, so I would question your maths. There have been 20 million folks jabbed, and they're still doing the over 65's. I reckon the OAP bigot quotient is largely intact, and I look forward to making up the numbers in due course...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Well done Tories

I thought they would have saved lot more with number of deaths topping 100k+
                  £1.5bn is peanuts compared to what our boy Sunak has spent , £400bn and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

I thought they would have saved lot more with number of deaths topping 100k+
                    £1.5bn is peanuts compared to what our boy Sunak has spent , £400bn and counting
                    If the state pension had any real value then it would be more. I don't know how anyone can live on only c.£8k per year.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X