• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One-sided or what?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One-sided or what?

European Staffing Solutions Ltd

The contract will initially be signed off for 3 months however my client is looking for the candidate to commit for 9-12 months.

If ever any words meant nothing then this is it. If they want commitment then provide a long enough contract. If they provide a 3 month contract, then 3 months is what you have committed to...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by expat
      The contract will initially be signed off for 3 months however my client is looking for the candidate to commit for 9-12 months.
      Want 12 months commitment, give me 12 months contract.
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Why don't they just give the contractor a 12 month contract. Word the contract so the contractor cannot give notice expect force majeure. The client can give one months notice at any time for any reason.

Bingo! You have committed but they haven't

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          Why don't they just give the contractor a 12 month contract. Word the contract so the contractor cannot give notice expect force majeure. The client can give one months notice at any time for any reason.

Is it because they is fick?
          Plan A is located just about here.
          If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

You should be an agent DP
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
              You should be an agent DP
              Steady on, he's a twat but I wouldn't wish that on him!

Comment

it's good to laugh at yourself.

Comment

it's good to laugh at yourself.
                  And in your case there's plenty to laugh at...

babba-dish! I thank you.....
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                  X