• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy agent practice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy agent practice

had another agency calling me today with the promise of another job but "can you give me two references so i can verify your skills with your old managers"

Laid into the git, he couldnt even provide a job spec.

Isnt there a list of dodgy agencies that i can add them to? (or is that illegal?)

I had on yesturday who want me for a permy job, although I only do contract work, then he asked if I knew anyone who could do the job, then he asked who did the recuitment at my current gig !!! cheky f*ker!
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport
      Isnt there a list of dodgy agencies that i can add them to? (or is that illegal?)
      Not really, but you can tell us who they are...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

They continually try the same routine.
        I get them phoning all the time, asking for references so that it will make it easy for the client when it comes to hiring, even before I I get to go to the interview.
        I had one pimp, try his hardest to sell me a permie gig, even though I told him I was a contractor and not intrested in permie post's 3 times.
        threenine.co.uk
        Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

http://www.glotel.co.uk

Comment

I told him i was onto him and knew his game and he started stuttering hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport
              Good naming and shaming
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I bow my head before you

Comment

Once upon a time I had some woman from them screaming down the phone, accusing me of being an agent! Never been so insulted in my entire life! OK I've had worse insults, but that was certainly up there with the really bad ones.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                  X