Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 39

Seriously Banned

Troll is NOT a disguised employee

Hellooooo
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Contractor Among Contractors

portseven is good enough for Jehovah!

Setup another account on Skype and then call them, with Skype you can tell it to display detailed information on the current call. Can't remember how you do it but there is a tick box somewhere in Options.

I use it to see how many relays I am going through, and it *may* give details of the remote users IP.

Once you have their IP you can do a lookup on RIPE to see what ISP they are using at least. Then contact the ISP and maybe report that they are using stolen goods.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Nice But Dim

DaveB is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by portseven
    Setup another account on Skype and then call them, with Skype you can tell it to display detailed information on the current call. Can't remember how you do it but there is a tick box somewhere in Options.

I use it to see how many relays I am going through, and it *may* give details of the remote users IP.

Once you have their IP you can do a lookup on RIPE to see what ISP they are using at least. Then contact the ISP and maybe report that they are using stolen goods.

Still wont work unfortunately. According to the Skype Protocol ( or what is known of it at least, it's very definately closed. ) the only addresses visible to end users are the local super nodes that your Skype node is connecting to. Everything else in the packet is either encrypted end to end or simply not visible to the client application.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

scooby has no reputation

local hot Rochdale girls
    Being Rochdale born and inbred, trust me, there are none!
    Last edited by scooby; 3rd July 2007 at 09:23.

Zorba is too good to be a permie

Lisa Stansfield? Or was that Oldham?

Fingers like lightning

Spoiler is a permanent contractor

Message away!

Website setup & logging. They've just come online again so we'll see if they take the bait.

Next up I'll try the free pizza!

On the general subject of stolen pc's\data, there was some useful personal data on it (in the wrong hands!) what else should I do?

I've changed all website passwords that may have been stored on the pc.
    I'll check the credit reports in the next few months also.

Anything else worth doing\checking?

New laptop has been setup with a truecrypt volume & proper passwords. So hopefully next time round we'll be a little more prepared!

Nice But Dim

DaveB is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler
    Message away!

Website setup & logging. They've just come online again so we'll see if they take the bait.

Next up I'll try the free pizza!

On the general subject of stolen pc's\data, there was some useful personal data on it (in the wrong hands!) what else should I do?

I've changed all website passwords that may have been stored on the pc.
    I'll check the credit reports in the next few months also.

Anything else worth doing\checking?

New laptop has been setup with a truecrypt volume & proper passwords. So hopefully next time round we'll be a little more prepared!

Go to the police. You should have a crime number from the original theft. If you can go in person it's probably better as you can explain the situation face to face. Once you have the IP address and owner you have enough info for the police to track it down.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Fingers like lightning

No visits to my website unfortunately

Can you send html code over skype? I was wondering if i could send a url to a jpg on my website & if it would then automatically download from theiur system?

What's the tags for html images? Isn't is something like:

[ img ]http://my.web.co.uk/image.jpg[/ img ]

(Without the spaces)

Hmm, when I preview it here, it just publishes a clicky, not the actual image.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB
    Go to the police. You should have a crime number from the original theft. If you can go in person it's probably better as you can explain the situation face to face. Once you have the IP address and owner you have enough info for the police to track it down.
    Yep - I bet they'll be straight onto that one. Three teams of two working round the clock.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Yep - I bet they'll be straight onto that one. Three teams of two working round the clock.
    It was mentioned to the police that the skype account has been online, but they say that it can't be traced - they need an IP, etc.