• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Caravan/Campervan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It think the man should be commended for such out of the box thinking. As long as he doesn't want to tarmac' me drive and sell me pillows.

Comment

You could save even more by becoming a tramp contractor. Sleep on park benches, drink Aldi own brew, and urinate on the office steps each morning. For added realism, have a fight with yourself in project meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        It's a lot cheaper than hotels.
        and you can smoke all you like
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
          and you can smoke all you like
          Ever seen a burnt out caravan? There's not much left.

I did consider getting a caravan for one gig, as the pub I was staying in had its own carvan site. It could have been a nice little money saver, but the car I had then was a bit small for towing.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I knew someone who stayed in a tent for a contract. Not even a proper campsite, he just paid a farmer a pound a night to camp in a field.

Tramp contractor would be okay if the office had a shower. Just change into your tramp clothes at the end of the day, get pissed, eat out of rubbish bins, sleep in a gutter, then come in early, shower and put on your good clothes and nobody would know.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
              Tramp contractor would be okay if the office had a shower. Just change into your tramp clothes at the end of the day, get pissed, eat out of rubbish bins, sleep in a gutter, then come in early, shower and put on your good clothes and nobody would know.
              You've seen the governments plans for IT contracting in the 21st Century then.

Comment

Buy a caravan.

Don't listen to this lot.

They all holliday a Butlins
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Buy a ten year old 4x4 & register it and all your personal details (driving license etc.) at a mailing address.
                  Buy a big caravan & register it as your company address

Move around a lot=no tax
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I worked at RAE pysetock once - someone camped in the woods. took the MOD f**kwittec police 5 months to catch em...

Comment

There is something to be said for a caravan if you can park it near a lake or on a good campsite with a lake....finish work, come back and chill out with a cold beer and fish until bed time....unless your married of course...

Comment

Working...
                      X