• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Competing Offers and Behaviours of Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bay**tch?

Why do you need to censor the word "baywatch"? For sure it featured lots of lovely ladies in swimsuits, but we're all grown ups here.

Comment

Sounds a bit bitter to me.. Are you sure contracting is for you OP?

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb
        There's a hell of a lot of words there. Can someone summarise it perhaps ?
        i didn't understand it as I don't speak American
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe
          If the agency won't give you feedback then approach the client directly. A good tip I was given was that no matter what job you apply for (permanenet or contract), phone them up the following day and thank them for their time. You can then make a good impression as to your committment to the job. If you haven't heard anything after about a week then phone the client up and ask if they have filled the position you interviewed for. If they have filled the position then you can ask why you weren't successful. If they refuse to answer then - only if you really want to know - phone the agency and ask if they have heard anything. If you still don't get a straight answer at least you know that you did everything that you could to get the information and you can move on to the next position instead of just waiting around for the phone to ring.

Of course if the client or anything else doesn't meet your requirements then you can just forget everything and go straight for the next position.
          Not many clients (if any) will not give feedback for fear of a lawsuit.

If you fail an interview, it's either because

a/ someone was better
          b/ you are sh1t
          c/ a bird with big t1ts beat you to it
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 July 2007, 15:47.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Not many agents get feedback anyway. I once asked why my first ever interviewee failed to get a job at Abbey Life in Bournemouth. The client suggested that had I met the individual before I put him forward I would understand why. I never got any business out of Abbey after that and I have never been too keen to cut too far below the surface on requesting feedback since.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
              Not many agents get feedback anyway. I once asked why my first ever interviewee failed to get a job at Abbey Life in Bournemouth. The client suggested that had I met the individual before I put him forward I would understand why. I never got any business out of Abbey after that and I have never been too keen to cut too far below the surface on requesting feedback since.
              do many clients volunteer feedback, Dodgy? i.e if they think a candidate is crap will they so, or just umm and arrr...?

Comment

Maybe it was the kind of organisation where nose picking is frowned upon!?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                  Maybe it was the kind of organisation where nose picking is frowned upon!?
                  It was'nt his nose he was picking

do many clients volunteer feedback, Dodgy? i.e if they think a candidate is crap will they so, or just umm and arrr...?

Nowadays we are held at arms length by companies, but if we know the line managers we do indeed get feedback probably on about 70%. We are never sure though whether the feedback is not made up to save getting involved in negotiation. Likewise agents are reluctant to give feedback on contractors as they do not wish to get drawn into a discussion on the merits of feedback with the contractor. The default from agents tend to be platitudes such as "job filled internally" rather than have to argue why another candidate got the job, or whether the candidate had the right personality. Most people try to let others down gently by not telling the truth or because they cant be arsed.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                  X