• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jailed terrorist attacked.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jailed terrorist attacked.

A bit in the paper today shows that one of the men jailed for plotting a dirty bomb attack on the UK was attacked in prison and covered in boiling oil...I find it hard to feel any sympathy for him.....

He is fighting for his life.....lets hope he gives up, it will save the country the cost of feeding him.

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
    A bit in the paper today shows that one of the men jailed for plotting a dirty bomb attack on the UK was attacked in prison and covered in boiling oil...I find it hard to feel any sympathy for him.....

He is fighting for his life.....lets hope he gives up, it will save the country the cost of feeding him.
    I hope he pulls through - whatever he's done, he's entitled to protection from attack while serving his sentence. It's the rule of law, and one of the things that make the fight against terrorism worth fighting for. I also hope that whoever is the perpetrator is caught, given a fair trial, and punished appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
      I hope he pulls through - whatever he's done, he's entitled to protection from attack while serving his sentence. It's the rule of law, and one of the things that make the fight against terrorism worth fighting for. I also hope that whoever is the perpetrator is caught, given a fair trial, and punished appropriately.
      I respect your views, however this man was attempting to kill thousands or hundreds of thousands of innocent people and I cannot find it in me to condemn his attackers. I think years of tolerance and continued attacks are beginning to show through in people and again, I cannot say that I blame them.

Comment

This was soooo likely to happen. You would have thought he would have been stuck in the special protection wing.

Comment

I agree with Old Greg, no matter what he has done, for us to be better and above the likes of the bomber we need to preserve a sense of justice. It’s too easy to slip into that mind set; we need to be above that sort of behaviour.

In a darker way I’d prefer him to see out his sentence living in fear every day, the same frame of mind that he has inflicted on a number of innocent individuals who are now scared to go out of their front door.
          "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

If he does die, the Home Office will be sued for over its failure in its duty of care and we end up paying out.

How the feck can someone be attacked with boiling oil? Were all the screws on a luchbreak?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
              If he does die, the Home Office will be sued for over its failure in its duty of care and we end up paying out.

How the feck can someone be attacked with boiling oil? Were all the screws on a luchbreak?
              If he doesn't the Home Office will end up getting sued!

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
                I respect your views, however this man was attempting to kill thousands or hundreds of thousands of innocent people and I cannot find it in me to condemn his attackers. I think years of tolerance and continued attacks are beginning to show through in people and again, I cannot say that I blame them.
                Thanks for the reasoned response - it's a little early in the week to ramp up the tone, so: we either have the rule of law that applies to everyone or people pick and choose, according to the merits of the planned victim. This is vigilante 'justice' - based presumably on hierarchies of types of prisoners - 'ordinary decent criminals' at the top and se offenders and terrorists at the bottom. If people think that justice is too soft and the terrorist should have been treated more harshly, then we have a democratic mechanism that we can all (except the prisoners) participate in tho change things - again, something we're meant to be defending against terrorism.

Comment

The thing that amazes me is how these jihadi's, when it really came down to it...werent all that prepared to die for their cause.

I too am having a hard time finding it in my to feel anything but disappointmend that this terrorist piece of scum didnt get his packet of raisins.

On the other hand Im rather surprised this terrorist wasnt locked up in some secure ward thingy where things like this couldnt happen to him.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                    Thanks for the reasoned response - it's a little early in the week to ramp up the tone, so: we either have the rule of law that applies to everyone or people pick and choose, according to the merits of the planned victim. This is vigilante 'justice' - based presumably on hierarchies of types of prisoners - 'ordinary decent criminals' at the top and se offenders and terrorists at the bottom. If people think that justice is too soft and the terrorist should have been treated more harshly, then we have a democratic mechanism that we can all (except the prisoners) participate in tho change things - again, something we're meant to be defending against terrorism.
                    I think that if we have immigrants commiting these crimes then they should have their visas/passports revoked, returned to their homeland where they can serve out their sentence.

Comment

Working...
                    X