• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I earning too much money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chubba
    You might be in an accident and lose the ability to work, or develop an illness or disease that incapacitates you. A family member or loved one may need long-term care that you might want to provide.
    That's what insurance is for.

Originally posted by chubba
    The world economy could go tits up meaning there are no well paid jobs or that all jobs are outsourced to the likes of India. Imagine that!
    Unlikely in my field, but I don't think it's a reason to forgo the little pleasures in life, like a good shoe shine.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

No one got rich by wasting money.

Every spare pounds needs to be invested for a bumper future!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        No one got rich by wasting money.

Every spare pounds needs to be invested for a bumper future!
        A shoe shine is not a waste of money! You'll have shiny shoes, safe in the knowledge that you didn't have to get polish on your hands for the pleasure.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

That shoe shine guy probably earns more than you do. It must take him all of 2 minutes to shine them, so at £3 per shine that makes £90 / hour.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
            That shoe shine guy probably earns more than you do. It must take him all of 2 minutes to shine them, so at £3 per shine that makes £90 / hour.
            He's probably a PERL programmer.

Comment

Working...
            X