• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Hours - Where Did My Life Go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    You will grow out of it. You will develop a healthy '**** you' attitude.
    Spoken like a gentleman, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
      I've used both of these tactics. Learning how to make it look like you are just going to look for someone but actually leaving takes a bit of skill and practice. The late start bit is now a non starter as I've got young kids who get you up at the crack of dawn so it's early starts for me. On my current contract I have just insisted on a definition of the working day as 7.5 hours, I'll do more when needed but will take back the time when it suits. If the clients don't like it then they don't renew, simple as that.
      are you serious? i always turn round and say goodnight to the team. and i say good morning when i arrive. being the last in and first out, i always get a smile

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
        Wet behind the lugs

When you have been doing four contracts a year for 3 or 4 years you will learn that making friends on a contract is something that doesnt happen often, so dont sweat it.

i'm surprised you can get a job. i have seen a CV go straight in the bin with 12 contracts over a three year period. it shows zero renewals.

Comment

Originally posted by brownie74
          i'm surprised you can get a job. i have seen a CV go straight in the bin with 12 contracts over a three year period. it shows zero renewals.
          All that shows is that there are managers around with permie-hiring mindsets. But you don't want to work there.
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
            All that shows is that there are managers around with permie-hiring mindsets. But you don't want to work there.
            i'd love to think it didnt matter...4 gigs a year would be great fun. you cant get much done in 12 weeks tho, can you. only something noddy. you'd be applying for low end jobs, so you might get away with it

Comment

are you serious? i always turn round and say goodnight to the team. and i say good morning when i arrive. being the last in and first out, i always get a smile
              You're confusing work with the pub.

Comment

I was trying to make a point to wet-lugs. Dont worry about that particular problem because you are going to be constantly on the move

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                X