• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi Nicky_G you were right!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi Nicky_G you were right!

How's this for a job spec?

My client is looking for a number of systems engineers based in South Wales working on a new project developing deployable sensors. A selection of the roles are below. If these positions are of interest or you are interested in similar positions, please get in touch.

Role: Senior Systems Engineer – Deployable Surveillance Systems
    Salary Permanent: £35,000 to £45,000

Background

My client a world leading defence company is conducting research into rapidly deployable surveillance sensors. These sensors will use pattern recognition and anomaly detection at the sensor level to put together a consolidated picture. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team working on cutting edge technologies. The main purpose of this position will be to look at best of breed pattern / behaviour recognition and anomaly detection algorithms to be implemented on distributed cameras.

Responsibilities will include

- Keeping abreast of technology developments in the Civil surveillance and homeland defence domain area

- Research best of breed pattern/behaviour recognition and anomaly detections algorithms for integration and assess which algorithms are fit for purpose

- Ensure that algorithms can adapt to different environments

- Design and demonstrate proof of concept algorithms

Role: Senior Systems Engineer – Deployable Surveillance Systems
    Salary Permanent: £35,000 to £35,000

Background

My client a world leading defence company is conducting research into rapidly deployable surveillance sensors. These sensors will use pattern recognition and anomaly detection at the sensor level to put together a consolidated picture. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team working on cutting edge technologies. The main purpose of this position will be to research the best image processing algorithm(s) for integration with a camera(s) and their ability to trigger an event.

- Defining the technical approach taken for the systems regarding the image processing algorithms

- Researching suitable image processing capabilities for a suitable camera

- Testing algorithms

- Developing image processing libraries for upfront processing of images

- Developing improvements to image processing / sourcing of better algorithms

- Reporting on prototype demonstrations

You will have experience of image processing techniques, algorithms and requirements. You must be eligible to gain UK Security Clearance.

Role: Systems Engineer – Deployable Surveillance Systems
    Salary Permanent: £25,000 to £35,000

Background

My client a world leading defence company is conducting research into rapidly deployable surveillance sensors. These sensors will use pattern recognition and anomaly detection at the sensor level to put together a consolidated picture. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team working on cutting edge technologies. The main purpose of this position will be to define how the devices will connect to each other and the user.

- Research into the best ways of implementing distributed collaborative sensors

- Research into the distributed use of resources for target ID, behaviour and anomaly detection

- Defining event-based mechanisms

- Prototype demonstration or working implementations

- Report on distributed event processing for the successful collaboration of multiple sensors in dealing with complex events

You will have an understanding or software based communication system technology and systems engineering tools / methodologies. You must be eligible to gain UK Security Clearance.

If this position is of interest, please respond by email with an updated copy of your CV to [email protected] or call 0845 6340694 and ask for Chris Hill ref 014225-CH

David Vincent knows they're here!

Originally posted by Churchill
    How's this for a job spec?

David Vincent knows they're here!
    If this position is of interest, please respond by email with an updated copy of your CV to c.hill@rpo-solutions.co.uk or call 0845 6340694 and ask for Chris Hill ref 014225-CH

c.hill... Churchill... I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
      If this position is of interest, please respond by email with an updated copy of your CV to c.hill@rpo-solutions.co.uk or call 0845 6340694 and ask for Chris Hill ref 014225-CH

c.hill... Churchill... I wonder.

Never, ever, ever accuse me of being an agent.

Comment

Comment

Hmmmmmm, tetchy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colemanisor
            Hmmmmmm, tetchy!!!
            Guilty conscience .....

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              Guilty conscience .....
              Can't be a Pimp, then.

Comment

Working...
              X