• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do I edit avatar and signature - a new user asks for your help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I edit avatar and signature - a new user asks for your help

Chan

The "user CP" doesn't seem to let me do anything with avatars and signatures.

tho
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Due to some recent issues we have changed the way new users can interact with the board. Firstly new user's posts are vetted before being posted (sorry for the delay) secondly you have no access to avatars and signatures until you have proved your worth.

Keep posting young padawan and all your dreams may come true.

When you have full posting rights then you will be able to add signature and avatar from the User CP.

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho
      Chan

tho
      Erm, it does.

User CP>Edit Signature

User CP>Edit Avatar
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator
        Due to some recent issues we have changed the way new users can interact with the board. Firstly new user's posts are vetted before being posted (sorry for the delay) secondly you have no access to avatars and signatures until you have proved your worth.

Keep posting young padawan and all your dreams may come true.

When you have full posting rights then you will be able to add signature and avatar from the User CP.
        Aha. Didn't know that. I just looked into my User CP and all the feaures are there. Apologies, Chantho.

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho
          Chan

tho
          1. Go to User CP
          2. Look at left hand side
          3. Observe link to "Edit Signature"
          4. Observe link to "Edit Avatar"
          5. ...

EDIT: Ah, didn't realise those settings weren't always available. I withdraw the spanking and offer you a banana as recompense:

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            See above above...

Comment

whaddya want them for anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by administrator
                secondly you have no access to avatars and signatures until you have proved your worth.
                How come sasguru and milan have an avatar and a signature then?
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Top stuff - I feel like an exclusive club member.

tl, intending to vacate the armchair by the thirty guinea table before the Marquis of Queensbury sees him in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                    How come sasguru and milan have an avatar and a signature then?
                    because they own this site.

P.S they don't actually. I was just joking of course. Please don't ban me.

Comment

Working...
                    X