ID Cards ID Cards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: ID Cards

  1. #1

    Contractor Among Contractors

    richard-af is too good to be a permie

    richard-af's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Monaco-on-Thames
    Posts
    1,335

    Default ID Cards

    From CUK's News page: http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003394.html

    Question: How big a percentage will this Project's budget overrun? I'll start with 200%.

  2. #2

    Still gathering requirements...

    Dog_Yoghurt has no reputation

    Dog_Yoghurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richard-af View Post
    From CUK's News page: http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003394.html

    Question: How big a percentage will this Project's budget overrun? I'll start with 200%.
    427.34% (as a rough guess)

  3. #3

    Fingers like lightning

    Muttley08 has no reputation

    Muttley08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    664

    Default

    QUOTE=richard-af;285982]From CUK's News page: http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003394.html

    Question: How big a percentage will this Project's budget overrun? I'll start with 200%.[/QUOTE]

    400% of original - prior to 're-baslining', and by the time us thieving contractors have had our pieces of silver...

  4. #4

    Godlike

    threaded is good enough for Jehovah!

    threaded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Fish'n'Chippery, Main St., Argleton
    Posts
    9,352

    Default

    I'll bid 1000% and it won't work.

    It'll become a textbook example of how not to procure an IT system.

    They'll study it in history lessons for hundreds of years.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

  5. #5

    Contractor Among Contractors

    richard-af is too good to be a permie

    richard-af's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Monaco-on-Thames
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by threaded View Post
    I'll bid 1000% and it won't work.

    It'll become a textbook example of how not to procure an IT system.

    They'll study it in history lessons for hundreds of years.
    I match your bid, and raise you: it will also lead to the entire UK population's personal data being mangled or lost.

  6. #6

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer is a fount of knowledge

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richard-af View Post
    I match your bid, and raise you: it will also lead to the entire UK population's personal data being mangled or lost.
    It won't be lost - it will just be in the hands of people who are stealing your identity and all your money.

    Alternatively, it could be in the hands of the government, who only do the latter.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

  7. #7

    Contractor Among Contractors

    richard-af is too good to be a permie

    richard-af's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Monaco-on-Thames
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    It won't be lost - it will just be in the hands of people who are stealing your identity and all your money.

    Alternatively, it could be in the hands of the government, who only do the latter.
    Lost, mangled, and flogged-off to SafeStyle and Carphone Warehouse.

  8. #8

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer is a fount of knowledge

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richard-af View Post
    Lost, mangled, and flogged-off to SafeStyle and Carphone Warehouse.
    "Hi, this is Bob Shawaddiwaddi call from 3Mobile. Can I speak with account holder please? I give you much cheapness mobile phone..." etc.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

  9. #9

    Contractor Among Contractors

    richard-af is too good to be a permie

    richard-af's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Monaco-on-Thames
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    "Hi, this is Bob Shawaddiwaddi call from 3Mobile. Can I speak with account holder please? I give you much cheapness mobile phone..." etc.
    TalkTalk Bod: "Hello. This is <deliberately unintelligible name>. Could I speak to richard-af?"
    Me:"Speaking"
    TTB: "We think you are paying too much... etc.... etc..."
    Me: Thank you for calling, but I am not interested. Never call this number again. Bye"
    TTB: (loudly): You are missing-out on a fantas..."
    Me: (louder): "**** off!!!"

    Never called again.

  10. #10

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer is a fount of knowledge

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richard-af View Post
    TalkTalk Bod: "Hello. This is <deliberately unintelligible name>. Could I speak to richard-af?"
    Me:"Speaking"
    TTB: "We think you are paying too much... etc.... etc..."
    Me: Thank you for calling, but I am not interested. Never call this number again. Bye"
    TTB: (loudly): You are missing-out on a fantas..."
    Me: (louder): "**** off!!!"

    Never called again.
    I use a phone in my wife's name - my favourite spam conversation was:

    Them: Hi, I'm calling from XYZ Mobile. Can I talk to the three account holder?
    Me: No.
    Them: I'm sorry?
    Me: That's OK.
    Them: Can I talk to the three account holder?
    Me: No.
    Them: Can I ask why not?
    Me: She's not here.
    Them: Can you tell me when she will be there?
    Me: No.
    Them: Thank you, you've been most helpful.
    Me: <Mock American Accent>Hey - you're welcome! You have a nice day now!</Mock American Accent>

    They never rang back - yet...
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •