• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed

First-time buyer demand 'drops'

New buyers are unsure if now is the time to get property, RICS says
    The number of people looking to buy a house for the first time has fallen at its fastest rate in more than three years, a report says.
    Inquiries from new buyers plunged in July, while the number of unsold properties rose, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) said.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6945222.stm
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

The figures don't surprise me. You'd have to be insane to be a first time buyer in the current market.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
      The figures don't surprise me. You'd have to be insane to be a first time buyer in the current market.

Didn't own home. Wanted to have a house of our own to live in. Didn't like renting (rentals are all non-smoking: imagine how it feels at advanced age to still have to hide the ashtrays when the agent comes round on regular inspection. Anyway, just imagine how it feels having a regular inspection to see if you are behaving).
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Can't smoke.
        Can't have pets.
        Can't decorate or improve the house if you want to.
        Regular inspections.
        Annual rent rises.
        Given notice to quit.

The joys of being a tenant under an iron landlord eh?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Can't smoke.
          Can't have pets.
          Can't decorate or improve the house if you want to.
          Regular inspections.
          Annual rent rises.
          Given notice to quit.

The joys of being a tenant under an iron landlord eh?
          It's about taking responsibility for your own life, and minimising other people's arbitrary control over it.

So I didn't buy a house imagining that it would make me rich, I did it knowing that it would cost me, but counting it worth the cost.
          Wissen ist Macht, aber nichts wissen macht nichts.

Comment

Working...
          X