• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone call from Sky...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone call from Sky...

giving me the apparently irresistable opportunity to increase my subscription to cover sports & films...

The nice lady seemed quite nonplussed when I said that a) I don't watch sports, and b) I don't watch films.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    giving me the apparently irresistable opportunity to increase my subscription to cover sports & films...

The nice lady seemed quite nonplussed when I said that a) I don't watch sports, and b) I don't watch films.
    So why have sky... .or is it for the sci-fi channels

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

and why do we need to know this?
      Next.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post
        Next.
        I'm interested.

Pay no attention to the nasty people, Zeity.

It's a statement about the general working environment, and how industry is moving more into a less consumer-centric approach and focussing only on spam calling, which is why it belongs in the General forum.

Or something like that.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          I often wonder... currently all I'm watching is Nash Bridges, 4400, Las Vegas and Veronica Mars.
          Nash Bridges. So someone in this world has watched it then? Not sure if giant alien lizards count as audience and therefore the total number of spectators for this show is still 0.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Nash Bridges ... is alright so long as you can get your head around an undercover cop driving a lemon yellow 1969 Plymouth Barracuda, of which only 14 were actually made...
            That reminds me of the distinctly-coloured Gran Torino that Starsky and Hutch used to sneak around in.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              So why have sky... .or is it for the sci-fi channels
              What about the grown up channels that have previews......so i have been told
              Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
                What about the grown up channels that have previews......so i have been told
                Haven't noticed those ?? What channel range would they be on ??

Comment

Next.
                  Beats the hell out of the normal crap that's posted in here.

Comment

Next.
                    Because it wasn't posted by you TheRightStuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X